What did you cook or eat today (October 2024)?

View attachment 119681

Who doesn't like a bit of crackling (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more)! Monty Python reference there...

View attachment 119682

Served with my favourite vegetable (Stringless Beans - part of the same family as Runner Beans) along with some Alphabites that were on special offer the other week!
Not sure why I'm finding it amusing to see the alphabites with the pork, I think it's because the alphabites look like they belong in the nursery and the pork looks like jeeves will be serving it on fine bone china in the dining room 🤣

Last edited:
Not sure why I'm finding it amusing to see the alphabites with the pork, I think it's because the alphabites look like they belong in the nursery and the pork looks like jeeves will be serving it on bone china in the dining room 🤣
Waste not, want not as they used to say - I had mash for lunch so as I had these last few left I took the opportunity to use them up 😎

When you're single and most things come in family packs, a lot of things go in the freezer so I've had some very random combinations in the past! 🤣🤣🤣

Waste not, want not as they used to say - I had mash for lunch so as I had these last few left I took the opportunity to use them up 😎

When you're single and most things come in family packs, a lot of things go in the freezer so I've had some very random combinations in the past! 🤣🤣🤣
Well potatoes potato innit so why not!
Still the incongruity is pretty funny.
What's for pud? Mille-feuille with gummy bears? 😜 🤣

Did grocery shopping today, so went out for lunch as usual. Went to the diner that puts lots and lots of bacon on their BLTs, so I got that, fries, coleslaw and a pickle. Pugs got some 🥓 when we got home. Ate half of sandwich at lunch and just finished the other half. I'll have an eclair later. Craig got 1 of their lunch specials, meatloaf and mash with gravy. Huge slab of meatloaf, but he cleaned his plate. He'll have a cannoli later.

Artichokes on a bed of 10 ingredient mashed topatoes, with a jazzed up Greek yogurt dip.
20241018_220323.jpg

Nice Baps! At least that's what we say here in Northamptonshire!

20241019_111711055_iOS.jpg

Depending on which county you are in they could be called anything from a bun to a barmcake! Throughout the UK they can change name from county to county and can also be called a batch, cob, bara, softie, muffin, bun, morning roll, stotty, oven bottom, scuffler or even a breadcake!

Some of these are generic terms for a bread roll but some like a morning roll are a specific type.

Either way the one I'm enjoying is a crusty roll 😎

Meant to say that happens in families too when theres not enough for everyone but enough to bother saving. Quarter a bag of this, half a bag of that.
Least when you can’t be bothered to go to the shops you don’t have to listen to the open warfare over who has the curly fries and who has the steak chips 😂

Lamb ribs, but this time on purpose! :roflmao:

4 hours in the slow cooker and 20-30 minutes under the grill to crisp up the fat 😋 served with boiled potatoes and garlic butter asparagus along with the most amazing home made gravy from the juices in the slow cooker...

20241019_160404288_iOS.jpg

It goes without saying, I didnt just cook 2 ribs, there's a 3rd one currently cooling down ready to go in the fridge for a snack later on this evening 😎

Lamb ribs, but this time on purpose! :roflmao:

4 hours in the slow cooker and 20-30 minutes under the grill to crisp up the fat 😋 served with boiled potatoes and garlic butter asparagus along with the most amazing home made gravy from the juices in the slow cooker...

View attachment 119700

It goes without saying, I didnt just cook 2 ribs, there's a 3rd one currently cooling down ready to go in the fridge for a snack later on this evening 😎

Looks lovely. I like the way you very often serve things with a good gravy.

But why are your knife and fork the wrong way round? Can't be the effect of a phone photo reversing the image, 'cos the writing on ths table mats is the right way round. Are you left handed?

Back
Top Bottom