What did you cook or eat today (October 2024)?

Friday, I started cooking my Three Meat and Veggie Stewy Soup and it's ready for the football games today. Finally.
I always make a bunch, this time 1 & 1/2 gallons. all ingredients except cabbage, celery and tomateos were from cans of 15 ounces except 8 ooz mushrooms. Used four cans mixed veggies, one can each black, green kidney and pinto beans; two cans Niblets, two cans crushed tomates and one can tomateos and jalepenos, lots of shreded cabbage and celery, a slew of diced potatoes, a pound each of diced chuck, chicken bresta and thighs, turkey sausage. Spiced with cayeene peper, chili powder cumin and touch of non-kosher salt. Siimmere seemingly forever with V-8 added as needed. Served hot enough to melt the provided Mexican shredded cheese with thick slabs of sourdough and ever present Buck Thorn's Deep in Dixie Firewater. Salt and pepper provided for personal tastes and of course a case of ice cold beverages. Gonna be one happy, well-fed bunch of good ole boys by halftime!
P.S. There's one other secret Southern ingredient that I can not mention. It may be illegal in 39 states!
J. Ison
TMSS.JPG

Well....not worthy of a photo but I made some carrot soup (making my own veg stock from saved veg scraps). It had sauteed onion, red chilli, tomato puree and concentrated veg stock added.

This 'supplemented' (compensated for!) my bland left over (cold) roast pork which I cubed, along with a baked potato and had it with mixed salad leaves and fruity coleslaw.

Well....not worthy of a photo but I made some carrot soup (making my own veg stock from saved veg scraps). It had sauteed onion, red chilli, tomato puree and concentrated veg stock added.

This 'supplemented' (compensated for!) my bland left over (cold) roast pork which I cubed, along with a baked potato and had it with mixed salad leaves and fruity coleslaw.
Why do you think the pork turned out bland? Bad piece?

For tonight's 'tea' (choosing my words very carefully here) I had what a British person would call 'Council House/Estate Cuisine'

20241021_163623515_iOS.jpg

Bernard Matthews Turkey Burger with chips, two fried eggs, pickled onions with a side serving of bread and butter and a small selection of condiments.

Needless to say, the best Vinegar is pickled onion vinegar which is what is in my vinegar bottle/shaker!

I have to confess, the chips are not 100% authentic council house/estate cuisine as they are oven chips and (as we all know) for them to be authentic they need to be cooked on the stove in a chip pan full of lard.

Again, it goes without saying, the bread and butter has two purposes; one half for creating a Chip Butty and the other half for dipping in the runny eggs.

20241021_163743692_iOS.jpg

If you're going to recreate this culinary delight yourself one top tip is you need to make the Chip Butty as soon as you sit down at the table so some of the butter melts in to the chips 😎

For tonight's 'tea' (choosing my words very carefully here) I had what a British person would call 'Council House/Estate Cuisine'

View attachment 119755

Bernard Matthews Turkey Burger with chips, two fried eggs, pickled onions with a side serving of bread and butter and a small selection of condiments.

Needless to say, the best Vinegar is pickled onion vinegar which is what is in my vinegar bottle/shaker!

I have to confess, the chips are not 100% authentic council house/estate cuisine as they are oven chips and (as we all know) for them to be authentic they need to be cooked on the stove in a chip pan full of lard.

Again, it goes without saying, the bread and butter has two purposes; one half for creating a Chip Butty and the other half for dipping in the runny eggs.

View attachment 119756

If you're going to recreate this culinary delight yourself one top tip is you need to make the Chip Butty as soon as you sit down at the table so some of the butter melts in to the chips 😎
Ah you let the side down putting your sauces in ramekins.. posh git 😂

Back
Top Bottom