What did you cook or eat today (October 2024)?

I'm surprised. You are a heck of a lot younger than me. I'm not left handed but I knew fellow pupils who were and none were ever made to write with their left hand. And I'm talking about UK schools the 50's and 60's. Maybe it was the private school you went to?

Off topic..
I started primary school in 77 so it must have gone on in some areas for a lot longer than others because they had only just stopped doing it where I went to school and some of the teachers still encouraged right handedness.

I'm surprised. You are a heck of a lot younger than me. I'm not left handed but I knew fellow pupils who were and none were ever made to write with their left hand. And I'm talking about UK schools the 50's and 60's. Maybe it was the private school you went to?

Off topic..
They still did that at my school too..

Back on topic
1.5 kilos of roast potatoes were eaten on Sunday so not a lot of potato left for binding meaning a very rustic bubble n squeak from Mr SSOAP for lunch today.
With a pile of pickle it was delicious all the same.
IMG_4405.jpeg

I had some broccoli and mushrooms that needed eating up so this evening I had broccoli cheese with mushrooms cooked in garlic butter with a side helping of some scrumptious lamb chops!

20241022_170515485_iOS.jpg

The leftover broccoli cheese will be for my lunch tomorrow so 2 birds with 1 stone and all that.

I started primary school in 77 so it must have gone on in some areas for a lot longer than others because they had only just stopped doing it where I went to school and some of the teachers still encouraged right handedness.
Same here - but it was really down to the individual teacher. Some of them, at the elementary school level (ages 6-11, so for me, 1972-1977) were downright brutal to lefties, others didn’t care.

They still did that at my school too..
Surprised here as well as you are a lot younger than me.
I'm a right hander, but never saw left handers forced to write right handed.
I heard stories from my teachers at high school though.
One could write mirror image and another started writing left handed on the black board, then changed over to right hand so he could use the whole black board without moving
(Sorry MG, off topic)

Back
Top Bottom