What did you cook or eat today (October 2024)?

Sad day. I used up the last few, ripe San Marzan tomatoes from the garden and did a fresh pan tomato and shrimp sauce with some spinach fettuccine.

IMG_5018.jpeg

I thought I would be sitting down to some pork belly strips but it turns out the (unlabelled) bag I took out of the freezer yesterday (to defrost overnight in the fridge) contained lamb ribs instead...

I had some leftover small boiled potatoes from the other day (some got made in to a potato salad at lunch time) and the rest got roasted this evening! Served with some broccoli and lamb gravy 😎
20241015_164007452_iOS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I would be sitting down to some pork belly strips but it turns out the (unlabelled) bag I took out of the freezer yesterday (to defrost overnight in the fridge) contained lamb ribs instead...

View attachment 119600

I had some leftover small boiled potatoes from the other day (some got made in to a potato salad at lunch time) and the rest got roasted this evening! Served with some broccoli and lamb gravy 😎
Welcome to the unlabelled freezer bag club. Our numbers are many 😆

The wife is back in "entertaining"mode now she's back in the country. Today she's got some friends playing canasta.
As usual, it's a case of "why don't you make something for us to nibble on... about 5.30 - 6pm. Nothing complicated; maybe a bruschetta ? "
"And a salad? "
The bar is set high :eek:
I've had this wonderful recipe book called "Montaditos" for several years; basically, Spanish tapas on a slice of bread, so I browsed through it last night, chose a few recipes and, that' s what we'll be eating later on.
Nothing extravagant because I raided the fridge and the kitchen cupboard. Anchovies, tuna, a few frozen prawns, some roasted peppers, olives, capers, some of my "wild" tomatoes and some mayonnaise. Watch this space:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom