What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last nights dinner was open sandwiches because we had been prepping all afternoon for today's

lunch with friends. Mashed Pula sardines on pumpernickel. The last of the big tin of Tuna with mayo on rye toast. Kulen a very spicy Croatian sausage like chorizo on rye toast. Local grapes, Gorgonzola picante with digestives. 2 litres of iced water.

I have a hard time making pasta look pretty lol

I find it's the same with photographing many foods. I try and set the camera up before I even start cooking. Take a few shots of an inanimate (similar) object where your food is about to be to assess the lighting (which will, of course, change later). Take a number of shots whilst moving the dish around. Digital shots will only cost you battery depletion.

However, speaking from experience, this is far from foolproof.

I find it's the same with photographing many foods. I try and set the camera up before I even start cooking. Take a few shots of an inanimate (similar) object where your food is about to be to assess the lighting (which will, of course, change later). Take a number of shots whilst moving the dish around. Digital shots will only cost you battery depletion.

However, speaking from experience, this is far from foolproof.

Actually that sounds like a great idea, thank you 🙏

I have not delved into food photography much, but I will try some new techniques. It might do my food more justice.

Actually that sounds like a great idea, thank you 🙏

I have not delved into food photography much, but I will try some new techniques. It might do my food more justice.

Are you using a smart phone? All my more recent photos are taken using a Samsung Galaxy S7 (old now) but fantastic quality images and very low light tolerant.

Are you using a smart phone? All my more recent photos are taken using a Samsung Galaxy S7 (old now) but fantastic quality images and very low light tolerant.

Yes, samsung Galaxy s6 . But the lighting here is not ideal, I live in a pretty old and dark house (it's 96 years old). So that's why the picture quality tends to vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom