What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, samsung Galaxy s6 . But the lighting here is not ideal, I live in a pretty old and dark house (it's 96 years old). So that's why the picture quality tends to vary.

My house is pretty dark too. I take most pics in the kitchen with window behind or to the right. You need to place the plate as near to a window as possible.

Lamb Curry

This is my basic curry recipe which I need to type up as caseydog expressed an interest in trying to make a curry and I promised a basic recipe. I added stone flowers (lichen) to it which gives a lovely perfumed edge but this basic curry sauce will work with any meat and many vegetable or eggs.

My house is pretty dark too. I take most pics in the kitchen with window behind or to the right. You need to place the plate as near to a window as possible.

Yes, we eat near a window, that's where I take most pictures, but I will try putting it in the window still next time!

We have no windows in the kitchen or surrounding area.

Lamb Curry

This is my basic curry recipe which I need to type up as caseydog expressed an interest in trying to make a curry and I promised a basic recipe. I added stone flowers (lichen) to it which gives a lovely perfumed edge but this basic curry sauce will work with any meat and many vegetable or eggs.

View attachment 46139

Looks gorgeous. I look forward to trying it.

Lunch with Dil and Trine. The both look 500% better than when they arrived. They have spent the last seven days sleeping, swimming and eating. Saturday we will pick them up, go to the fish market. They will stay here then for 3 or 4 days. I will learn from a master of Kurd cooking.
Salmorejo Cordobes was spot on. The moussaka was beautiful. Mont Blanc was epic. The loved it all, we drank a few bottles of Slovenian pink "Champagne" which was dry and interesting.

I don't recall seeing you cook that before. Its a jolly plump sausage. What is it like inside?

They have only been available for the past couple of months but I have cooked them a few times now.

It's very similar to a normal English pork sausage but with a hint of tomato (and red colour). It is currently my preferred sausage because it is not overly spiced. Also, they are c. 100 gms each so with accompaniments, one will suffice for me.

normal English pork sausage
I got our local butcher some month ago to make up a few kg to a standard 80% pork British recipe. He used thin casings. I'm nearly out so next time. Those banger's are screaming to be converted into one of my top ten meals. Sausage rolls, baked beans and HP sauce. Get it on Yorky mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom