What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never been able to figure those things out, why do people eat them? I'd rather have a fresh breakfast sandwich from Burger King (haven't had one of those in about 30 years). I bet they freeze well and could be used as a convenience food at home or camp.
Yes they do freeze well and yes the guys scarf them down at their camps. Given enough notice I make a breakfast casserole or ham and egg cups that are so much better, easy to re-heat and portable. I also like to send a veggie casserole. G even committed on that last night. His Buds cooked steak and potatoes, no veggies, no salad. My man is spoiled.

I purchased a new kitchen toy - a 6 qt. Lodge, ceramic clad, cast iron dutch oven. I love braising. I have a #10 cast iron dutch oven. It is perfect for my Drunk Pork Roast but difficult to handle for everyday braising. Last night I made braised venison with red wine, ginger and wild mushrooms. I was very happy with the rich, dark gravy and the very tender meat.
I just took two loaves of bread out of the oven. When cooled I will make a ham, egg and cheese sandwich.
I have Eggplant (Aubergine) coins salted and dehydrating on sheet pans for an Eggplant Parmesan, Italian Sausage casserole.
BTW - I had to look up the culinary version of Faggots. I was clueless.

Pizza Capricciosa

I just put dough to rise for two loaves of bread. I will bake both and freeze one. We only go through one loaf every five days or so.
G is with a dear friend for a Teal hunt. (small duck). I sent a triple batch of Hummus and a triple batch of Tartar Sauce. They are frying fish and shrimp this evening. I also sent a Cantaloupe Loaf with a Kahlua Sugar Glaze. The guys always love whatever I send. I wish I had included a vegetable casserole and a breakfast casserole. The only veggies they have are potatoes and they eat gross Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches.
Cardboard biscuit, plastic cheese, artificial eggs and mystery meat. :yuck:

My hat is off to you. I never make anything with yeast because I'm afraid of it ;-(.

You sound like me in sending food along. I routinely did that for my husband and his co-workers (3rd shift) when we were married.

Egads, did I have a recipe disaster!

We were supposed to have corn pudding to go with the ham, a real "church supper" kind of meal. The pudding was cream cheese, corn, a can of creamed corn, cornbread mix, and milk (among other things), and the blasted thing would never set.

The recipe said to bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes - it was nowhere near done at that point. After 80 minutes and still wet and gloppy, I gave up and pitched the thing in the bin. 😡

Mixed grill ( lamb , calf and beef) marinated in Greek herbs, lemon juice and garlic. With tzatziki sauce, grilled vegetables ( courgette, peppers and tomatoes) and fries. All homemade. Not pretty, very tasty.

I'd love the mixed grill - would never have thought of serving it with tzatziki sauce. But why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom