What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was tidying a couple of my sites over the weekend and this pepper caught my attention. I wondered, considering your obsession with pepper, whether you ever use it.

Long Pepper
Long pepper has a taste very similar to black pepper but with more heat. Used either crushed or ground it gives an extra bite to meat stews.

View attachment 46347

Havnt seen it before , I'll look into it. I use White pepper also back and cracked. We do love pepper, my wife buys at least one packet of the corns a month.
Here's mine atm

Russ

Disaster here too yesterday, planned on pumpkin and kumara balls with satay sauce. Couldn't find the recipe I've used before. Made it from another recipe. Made and Putin fridge to cool before rolling. Rolled then rolled in breadcrumbs then fried. Except they just disintegrated. Couldn't understand why that happened.?? Cleaned up,the frier with a sieve and binned the rest. Luckily I had croquettes in the freezer. Everyone still happy. I need to work out how this disaster occurred. I've read the recipe three times., I dunno??

Russ

Be careful with that Putin fridge, it might poison your food. :wink:

CD

Last edited:
Becareful with that Putin fridge, it might poison your food. :wink:

CD

I read it as that after I posted, I'm sick of this I pad. If I type a number it auto leaves " behind it. This thing has a mind of its own.
Putin is crazy with the drugs his kgb agents are using. Hes pretty much untouchable.

Russ

Saturday dinner was shrimp Buzara grilled sword fish and fine chopped salad. Shrimp Buzara is simple. Sweat onions and garlic, add a cup of white wine, bring to boil, drop in raw shrimp, put the lid on and shake till they turn pink. Take off the heat, sprinkle in fresh breadcrumbs to thicken. The swordfish was so fresh it would not take grill marks quickly, the flavor of the fish and shrimps was pure heaven.

I was tidying a couple of my sites over the weekend and this pepper caught my attention. I wondered, considering your obsession with pepper, whether you ever use it.

Long Pepper
Long pepper has a taste very similar to black pepper but with more heat. Used either crushed or ground it gives an extra bite to meat stews.

View attachment 46347

I have some - its very good. I use it in curry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom