What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the beach restaurant we planned, but the food was good: mixed grill​

And squid and chips​

Breakfast: two fried eggs plus 3 fried quail eggs, sunny side up, in butter. With cheddar cheese and microgreens atop.
Lunch: Lamb heart simmered in leftover tomato sauce from another recipe I made a few days back, with the addition of curry leaves.
Dinner: To be determined. There's one heart left which may find a use, or ... who knows?

I thought it was a bit wet, I even thought about adding flour to bulk it up. I have to find the original recipe. But as an aside the satay sauce recipe was a big hit. Taste wise. I froze it.

Russ
I don't think adding flour to the inside would have been a good idea, I think might have made a sort of wet, floury paste? Not sure. I think breadcrumbs retain their texture a bit better and don't clump the way flour does when you blend them in.

Last edited:
Chicken burger that my wife's work serve up. She bought me one home to try. I just rang her and said It was disgusting. I threw it out for the birds. One small chicken pattie (processed) a micro piece of lettuce, micro squirt of mayo. And a bun. I said it looked like it was made for a 5 yo. My wife is trying to sort the kitchen chef out. Serve better meals etc. really my 11 yo granddaughter could make better.

Russ

Chicken burger that my wife's work serve up. She bought me one home to try. I just rang her and said It was disgusting. I threw it out for the birds. One small chicken pattie (processed) a micro piece of lettuce, micro squirt of mayo. And a bun. I said it looked like it was made for a 5 yo. My wife is trying to sort the kitchen chef out. Serve better meals etc. really my 11 yo granddaughter could make better.

Russ
Maybe they should hire you!

Breakfast: two fried eggs plus 3 fried quail eggs, sunny side up, in butter. With cheddar cheese and microgreens atop.
Lunch: Lamb heart simmered in leftover tomato sauce from another recipe I made a few days back, with the addition of curry leaves.
Dinner: To be determined. There's one heart left which may find a use, or ... who knows?
Other than in haggis I don't think I've ever eaten lambs heart, and I certainly haven't cooked it. Being mainly muscle I assume that's it's quite tough and in need of slow cooking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom