What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baked chicken thighs with a slice of swiss cheese and then a mixture of cream of mushroom soup and white wine on top with crushed dry stuffing cubes with a butter drizzle over noodles, and a side of Brussel sprouts. Joint effort last night

2020-09-15 18.02.33.jpg

Looks great, at any rate. I love white chocolate!
Same here :D but white chocolate is usually loaded with sugar (an average 50g sugar per 100g of chocolate). This one is low sugar, made with powdered stevia and coconut milk powder to keep it lactose free (you can't taste the coconut though). It looks good but the texture is grainy and I think I accidentally added too much sugar, so I will be trying it again tonight with a slightly different recipe and in a smaller quantity.

The great thing about making my own sweets at home is that I end up eating less sugar. I have 4 homemade ice creams in the freezer and the oldest has been there for two months, the "youngest", a week. I still have most of the white chocolate I did today. Back in the day when I was buying sweets one box of ice cream wouldn't last more than 2/3 days and when I bought chocolate I ate it all as soon as I got home regardless of quantity. My homemade sweets are less sweet so I don't feel the impulse to eat it all in one sitting. And I haven't felt the need to buy sweets either. Could it be that I'm finally learning how to enjoy sweets in moderation? I sure hope so.

I've downloaded a manual for a similar make and model (in English) and the operation of it looks fairly straightforward.

Haier doesn't sell a full line of appliances here -- just a few items, and none of them counter-top appliances, that I have seen. I don't know about the UK, or other English speaking countries. I wonder if that's why they didn't have PDF version of the manual in English online.

When I get a new appliance, I download the PDF manual, and toss the paper version in the recycle bin. I have enough clutter... and I would just lose it, anyway.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom