What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fried sweet white potatoes
Very nice

Ok, I’ve been completely caught up by sweet potatoes, in particular by the white ones. Since I had some left, I’ve decided to prepare a cake with them by adding also minced almonds (I’ll post recipe for the challenge) and raisins
I’ve baked sweet potatoes first and both the smell and the taste was like the chestnut ones - lovely

Last edited:
Ok, I’ve been completely caught by sweet potatoes, in particular by the white ones. Since I had some left, I’ve decided to prepare a cake with them by adding also minced almonds (I’ll post recipe for the challenge) and raisins
I’ve baked sweet potatoes first and both the snell and the taste was like the chestnut ones - lovely.

A Southern US classic is sweet potato pie. Many people in the South have that instead of pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving dinner.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 9.28.09 PM.jpg

I've never made it, but here is a recipe that will give you an idea of what it is.

Sweet Potato Pie I

CD

Found a place for lunch that caters for locals, not the usual taverna type that's aimed at tourists. It's normal here to be served complimentary olives, bread and dips (tahini, hummus, taramsalata) before the main course. This was a bit more basic.

Main course was roast lamb with white beans cooked in tomato sauce.

A light supper later

Went to Dil and Trines last night. They are going back to Oslo on Saturday. The put off boat trip was supposed to be today but the northern Bura wind kicked off again with moderate to high winds. Unfortunately for them Saturday is looking OK.
Dinner last night was fab, Lamb Rogan Josh, Kurd rice pilaf with nuts and raisins. cucumber raitha, naan bread, followed by his signature desert walnut and pistachio baklava.

Went to Dil and Trines last night. They are going back to Oslo on Saturday. The put off boat trip was supposed to be today but the northern Bura wind kicked off again with moderate to high winds. Unfortunately for them Saturday is looking OK.
Dinner last night was fab, Lamb Rogan Josh, Kurd rice pilaf with nuts and raisins. cucumber raitha, naan bread, followed by his signature desert walnut and pistachio baklava.View attachment 46559

View attachment 46560

View attachment 46561

View attachment 46562

View attachment 46563

View attachment 46565

Looks lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom