What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marinated Greek BBQ Quail

View: https://youtu.be/7OiYwLapC6A

A Southern US classic is sweet potato pie. Many people in the South have that instead of pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving dinner.

View attachment 46555

I've never made it, but here is a recipe that will give you an idea of what it is.

Sweet Potato Pie I

CD

They also make a casserole with mashed sweet potatoes, pecans (Puh cons) and marshmallows on top. I don't like that, so I make "Sweet Potatoes Foster", chunks of precooked sweet potato, butter and good quality dark rum sauteed in a skillet. No marshmallows! The rum can also be used as a condiment! :whistling:

They also make a casserole with mashed sweet potatoes, pecans (Puh cons) and marshmallows on top. I don't like that, so I make "Sweet Potatoes Foster", chunks of precooked sweet potato, butter and good quality dark rum sauteed in a skillet. No marshmallows! The rum can also be used as a condiment! :whistling:

I’m not ready for marshmallows, but I’m ready for rum as a condiment 😁

What used to be the best restaurant in Cyprus lost its way for a couple of years. Its now back, with the original Maitre D, and everything was superb.
Bread, baked in house, with butter and parsley oil.

Chicken fajitas. Wife had sea bass ceviche (no photo)

Chicken. With all sorts of stuff.

Sea bass with lime panko coating.

I am trying to remember what I have cooked this week.
Sunday - Eggplant Parmesan with Italian Sausage
Monday - George BBQed chicken leg quarters and homemade venison/pork sausage with a salad
Tuesday - Broiled Pork Chops with escalloped Cauliflower and salad
Wednesday - left overs
Thursday - Meat Ball Stroganoff with Broccoli and Cauliflower
Tonight - KISS - steak and grilled veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom