What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started yesterday to eat today. Homemade rum 'n raisin icecream (no churn method)

View: https://youtu.be/TkN2BbJiA-o

Last edited:
I have a Master Touch. And a One-Touch Gold. And a Jumbo Joe. And a Genesis (gas). I bought the Master Touch new in 1995. The Genesis is a 2001 model.

I see you have the grate with the removable section for accessories. I have that, and the Weber cast-iron wok.

View attachment 46781

CD
Nice collection :) I'm planning to buy the rotisserrie kit and make some Turkish doner with that. :)

I have a rotisserie kit, but not Weber's. Mine is from Cajun Bandit. It is stainless steel, and costs less than Weber's. But, the Weber Rotisserie Kit is a good product, too, and I'm guessing you may not be able to get the Cajun Bandit kit.

Cajun Bandit™ 22.5" Charcoal Kettle and Weber Smokey Mountain Rotisserie - Cajun Bandit Website

CD
I don't think we have it here, but we some other brands which have compatible products for a cheaper price, but I think I'll go for the original kit!

Sichuan Pepper Chicken.

I was thinking of maybe frying the chicken in the air fryer but I have insufficient experience/knowledge to risk it (temperature and duration). The remaining cooking would need to be stove top though.

It's now some two hours since I cooked and ate it and the running nose hasn't stopped yet. I was sneezing for the first hour!

^^ Burt, reindeer meat isn´t fatty so the ready-made bits (crumbles) aren´t bacon although they taste pretty similar. They´re smoked, minced and heavily salted reindeer meat (probably cheaper parts of the carcass).

Try wearing a mask after a couple of those pickles. :ohmy:

You have to think of those things in the time of Covid-19.

CD
We once went to a restaurant in Riga where all the dishes contained garlic, even the desserts. We had some very nice (garlic, of course) tapas with some excellent dark beer.

I suspect that if we had breathed out too heavily on the way back to the hotel, we could have felled an elephant at fifty paces. Fortunately, there were no elephants on the streets of Riga that evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom