What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I freeze a shot glass of cream, I drop the frozen plug of cream into the eggs when they are to my liking. I then beat it in with the balloon whisk. This reduces the heat enough to stop them cooking on and going grainy. One shot glass to 4 large eggs.So the last mouthful is as creamy as the first.
I've seen Pepin use the same concept, but he just holds back some of the mixed egg (maybe 1/3 cup for four eggs?). When they're about done, off the heat and in with the raw egg, and it drops the temp and stops the cooking.

I've seen Pepin use the same concept,
Great minds Tasty mate. I stole the method from a breakfast chef in the Savoy. Ten of us at a breakfast business meeting in a private room. We had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. When the plates arrived they were all identically creamylicious. The room was a distance from the kitchen and I could not fathom why the eggs did not cook "on". The waiter asked in the kitchen, the Chef called the room and explained it was Chef Edelmann's method.

Rosemary-Flavoured Homemade Almond Cream with Blackberry and grated dark chocolate

Due to the very bad thunder storms over the last two days, Mrs Blank has not been able to coax me out from under the stairs to go shopping. She swept the fridge. Reheated Turkey Rolls and gravy. She fried the left over mash nice and crispy. We ate it by candle light as there is not a light attachment there. Split - BBC Weather

The remainder of the Virginia ham with air fryer frozen chips. 8/10 for the chips. It was about to be 7/10 because of the uneven colouring but I increased this after tasting them. Crispy on the outside yet still soft (but not empty) on the inside. Also green oak lettuce, softish boiled duck egg and English mustard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom