What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just plucked this first radish of the year. Tasted real good.

Russ

Great view mate, in my mind I mixed up Corfu with Cyprus. It's good you are in Cyprus a mate in Dassia told me the weather was foul because of the Hurricane. They sell dried carob pods here, using it in a sauce interests me. Thanks.
We visited a carob processing plant a few years ago. The juice is extracted and reduced to a syrup which is bottled, and also used as an alternative to sugar in confectionery. The sauce works well with anything that you would otherwise use a fruit flavoured sauce - duck, game, venison etc.

Daytime temperatures have been in the 32 - 39 deg C range since we arrived. No complaints there.

We visited a carob processing plant a few years ago. The juice is extracted and reduced to a syrup which is bottled, and also used as an alternative to sugar in confectionery. The sauce works well with anything that you would otherwise use a fruit flavoured sauce - duck, game, venison etc.

Daytime temperatures have been in the 32 - 39 deg C range since we arrived. No complaints there.

Carob is also used as a substitute for chocolate in dog treats. Chocolate is toxic for dogs, but carob is safe.

CD

i didn't know that!

For dog owners...

Is Carob Safe for Dogs? - PetGuide

"Chocolate may be delicious but it is incredibly toxic for dogs because it contains a dangerous compound called theobromine. The human body is able to metabolize this compound, but your dog’s digestive system processes it much more slowly – this allows toxic levels of theobromine to build up in your dog’s body, causing a number of health problems. A small amount of chocolate may only give your dog an upset stomach, possibly with some diarrhea or vomiting, though a large dog might be able to consume more chocolate without any negative effects. In large amounts, however, theobromine can lead to seizures, muscle tremors, internal bleeding, irregular heartbeat, and even heart attack or death. Dark chocolate and baking chocolate have the highest levels of theobromine followed by milk chocolate and white chocolate."

CD

My first cooked lunch of the winter season. It's about 23c so my normal ice cold fruit smoothie does not appeal. You can take the boy out of civilization, but you can't take civilization out of the boy. Saying that I find Royal Worcester "Evesham" rather camp for my taste, Mrs Blank likes it. Coddled egg sarnies with two sided toast.
1600943935280.png
1600943894676.png
1600943864110.png
1600943835522.png
1600943791581.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom