What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Rice and Lentil Soup

We got tired of the gloppy, casserole style of Eggplant Parmesan, so we started doing it in stacks of two, bottom piece of coated, crispy eggplant, fresh motz slices, and sauce, repeat. The cheese helps protect from the sauce turning the coating to mush.

36788-albums1093-picture8432.jpg

My first cooked lunch of the winter season. It's about 23c so my normal ice cold fruit smoothie does not appeal. You can take the boy out of civilization, but you can't take civilization out of the boy. Saying that I find Royal Worcester "Evesham" rather camp for my taste, Mrs Blank likes it. Coddled egg sarnies with two sided toast. View attachment 46923View attachment 46922View attachment 46921View attachment 46920View attachment 46919

How delightful - you have proper egg coddlers! I love coddled eggs.

you have proper egg coddlers
Doesn't everyone Glory darling , to let you into a secret. We left a lot of the family things in the UK. I have a third of a set (3 brothers) of my mother breakfast and lunch silver service. The fruit and cheese knives have solid silver blades. The bowls of the egg spoon are plated with gold. Few people know why.

Monday - Bang Bang Shrimp and Crab Cakes from Bonefish Grill. Bonefish is a chain of 215 restaurants in the U.S. - 77 in Florida. Their description is "Contemporary grill chain offering a seafood-centric menu, plus steaks & cocktails. " Like most chains they have a set menu but they do adjust their menu for regional seafood. In Louisiana they make use of Gulf Shrimp, Oysters, Blue Point Crabs and locally sourced crawfish. I was craving Bang Bang Shrimp - perfectly fried shrimp in a vessel with shredded lettuce and Bang Bang Sauce. We did take out - two orders of Bang Bang Shrimp and an order of Crab Cakes. Yum Yum.
My local Bonefish is kind of a Chic Chic, See and Be Seen place. When we dine in we do like most old folks and eat early. We are finishing oar meal by the time the Chic Chic crowd shows up.
Yesterday I threw together an eggplant and ground meat casserole. I thought it was just OK. George loved it. His Mother used to make a similar dish.
Tonight I am craving fried fish and onion rings. The fish filets are seasoned, the onions sliced thin and the breading and egg wash are ready to go. Just waiting for George to get the fry pan out and heat up the oil.

Monday - Bang Bang Shrimp and Crab Cakes from Bonefish Grill. Bonefish is a chain of 215 restaurants in the U.S. - 77 in Florida. Their description is "Contemporary grill chain offering a seafood-centric menu, plus steaks & cocktails. " Like most chains they have a set menu but they do adjust their menu for regional seafood. In Louisiana they make use of Gulf Shrimp, Oysters, Blue Point Crabs and locally sourced crawfish. I was craving Bang Bang Shrimp - perfectly fried shrimp in a vessel with shredded lettuce and Bang Bang Sauce. We did take out - two orders of Bang Bang Shrimp and an order of Crab Cakes. Yum Yum.
My local Bonefish is kind of a Chic Chic, See and Be Seen place. When we dine in we do like most old folks and eat early. We are finishing oar meal by the time the Chic Chic crowd shows up.
Yesterday I threw together an eggplant and ground meat casserole. I thought it was just OK. George loved it. His Mother used to make a similar dish.
Tonight I am craving fried fish and onion rings. The fish filets are seasoned, the onions sliced thin and the breading and egg wash are ready to go. Just waiting for George to get the fry pan out and heat up the oil.

I was thinking we have a Bonefish Grill here in Frisco, but it is a Rockfish Grill. There is apparently Bonefish Grill in Allen, the next town SE of here. They sound very similar.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom