What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never eaten there, is it that bad?
Some people swear it’s the best chicken sandwich ever made, but I don’t get it. I think it’s horrible - dry chicken breast, breaded and deep-fried, tossed on a bun with a pickle, and you can get a little squeeze packet of mayonnaise to go on it if you really want to live it up.

Side of floppy underdone waffle fries completes the meal, and they charge a premium for it.

Some people swear it’s the best chicken sandwich ever made, but I don’t get it. I think it’s horrible - dry chicken breast, breaded and deep-fried, tossed on a bun with a pickle, and you can get a little squeeze packet of mayonnaise to go on it if you really want to live it up.

Side of floppy underdone waffle fries completes the meal, and they charge a premium for it.
I think everything there sux.

I think everything there sux.
The last time we went was during covid, where they had that weird set-up with a sort of drive-up order line and a separate pick-up line, which was very weird and poorly managed in itself.

They, understandably, had a limited menu, so we both got chicken nuggets, and…well, think of the worst nuggets you’ve ever had, like on an airline kid’s meal, or at a school cafeteria, or a hospital cafeteria - these were so far worse than any of those, nearly inedible.

The last time we went was during covid, where they had that weird set-up with a sort of drive-up order line and a separate pick-up line, which was very weird and poorly managed in itself.

They, understandably, had a limited menu, so we both got chicken nuggets, and…well, think of the worst nuggets you’ve ever had, like on an airline kid’s meal, or at a school cafeteria, or a hospital cafeteria - these were so far worse than any of those, nearly inedible.
The worst chicken nuggets I've ever had are from the Lunchables, omg those are so salty. Why are they loading them up with so much salt? Especially when they're meant for kids?

Beef stew (beef, baby carrots, baby Red, Yellow, and purple Potatoes) for dinner last night.

beef_stew_092023_img_1615-jpg.jpg

Nailed it. Well, you forgot no seasonings at all on the cardboard waffle fries. No salt... nothing. I have a Chick-fil-a and a Popeyes a few blocks apart near me. I think you know where I go for a chicken sandwich.

CD

Nailed it. Well, you forgot no seasonings at all on the cardboard waffle fries. No salt... nothing. I have a Chick-fil-a and a Popeyes a few blocks apart near me. I think you know where I go for a chicken sandwich.

CD
Burger King or McDonald’s?

I used some beer-battered fish filets from the oven to make a quick sandwich, along with some salt & vinegar chips/crisps:

View attachment 105033
I've gotten (forgot the brand) Budweiser battered fish from the grocery store and it was actually excellent. The smell, as well as the taste, was amazing, the hops stayed around during the cooking process. With some dill and lemon and a bit of tartar, it was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom