What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Chick-fil-a fast-food chicken restaurant's sauce. You gotta' drown their greasy, bland chicken with something to make it edible.

CD

Some people swear it’s the best chicken sandwich ever made, but I don’t get it. I think it’s horrible - dry chicken breast, breaded and deep-fried, tossed on a bun with a pickle, and you can get a little squeeze packet of mayonnaise to go on it if you really want to live it up.

Side of floppy underdone waffle fries completes the meal, and they charge a premium for it.

I think everything there sux.

Well darn! I noticed a few weeks ago that there was a Chick-Fil-A in a shopping center near us and have been wanting to go. Years ago, DD and I would go to the one in the food court at the mall closest to us when we were shopping and the sandwiches and waffle fries were always so good.

Craig and I got lunch at Wendy's yesterday. He got a burger and I got the Asiago Ranch chicken sandwich, but swapped out mayo for the ranch. I won't be getting a chicken sandwich there again. The chicken cutlet was very thin and way over cooked because of that.

We had massaman curry tonight.

I've gotten (forgot the brand) Budweiser battered fish from the grocery store and it was actually excellent. The smell, as well as the taste, was amazing, the hops stayed around during the cooking process. With some dill and lemon and a bit of tartar, it was amazing.
I’ll have to look for those.

We were out yesterday at 2 flower festivals. One is in Canberra itself where a park gets taken over and planted up with an amazing number of bulbs and flowers. The other is a dedicated "Tulip Gardens" that's open for 4 weeks a year.

So at the floriade we were able to find a donut stall that was totally vegan and gluten free for all (it wasn't advertised as such, but all donuts were which was great).

20230921_102957.jpg

The various flavours were apparent and strong. I had luscious lemon and Tassie Raspberry. Hubby had a 2 flavours I don't recall. I'd happily have them again.

Then we moved over to what was a great vegan cafe, but like our last visit, this time it was lacking. We think there may have been a falling out amongst staff (since May 2023). Most staff are new and it's not the same cheerful vibe it used to have, plus there are now noticeable fewer customers. It used to be packed out of the door, all inside and outside seating full and a wait to get tables. Not so any more. And sadly their portions are noticeably smaller.

I had the smashed avocado on toast with mushrooms and spinach. But there was very little toast and even less avocado, not enough to cover the toast. I'd paid extra for the waifer thin tempeh. We fear it will not last much longer.

20230921_121057.jpg

Well darn! I noticed a few weeks ago that there was a Chick-Fil-A in a shopping center near us and have been wanting to go. Years ago, DD and I would go to the one in the food court at the mall closest to us when we were shopping and the sandwiches and waffle fries were always so good.

Craig and I got lunch at Wendy's yesterday. He got a burger and I got the Asiago Ranch chicken sandwich, but swapped out mayo for the ranch. I won't be getting a chicken sandwich there again. The chicken cutlet was very thin and way over cooked because of that.

We had massaman curry tonight.

By all means, give it a try for yourself. Cars line up around the building for the drive-thru every night near me, but I just never liked their food, and thought it was overpriced.

I used to like that Asiago Chicken Ranch sandwich at Wendy's, but I haven't had it in years. Things change in the fast food business.

CD

By all means, give it a try for yourself. Cars line up around the building for the drive-thru every night near me, but I just never liked their food, and thought it was overpriced.

I used to like that Asiago Chicken Ranch sandwich at Wendy's, but I haven't had it in years. Things change in the fast food business.

CD
I've never had chic fil a, that asigo chicken ranch sandwich from Wendy's is awesome..... When it hasn't been sitting for 14 weeks.

Went out for dinner, as usual when I'm at my sister's. We had some really good Texas style fajita nachos. Texas style is typically individual tortilla (tor-tee-yah) chips with grilled steak or chicken (over fire, not under it), with cheese, and your choice of toppings. My sister like guacamole, I like sour cream and pickled jalapeños.

I didn't take a picture, but they looked pretty much like these I found on the internet. (I could not find out who took the picture, or I would give them credit for it -- I did try).

1695359228781.png

Tomorrow I am cooking dinner for the two of us, and it will be good, and much healthier.

CD

Went out for dinner, as usual when I'm at my sister's. We had some really good Texas style fajita nachos. Texas style is typically individual tortilla (tor-tee-yah) chips with grilled steak or chicken (over fire, not under it), with cheese, and your choice of toppings. My sister like guacamole, I like sour cream and pickled jalapeños.

I didn't take a picture, but they looked pretty much like these I found on the internet. (I could not find out who took the picture, or I would give them credit for it -- I did try).

View attachment 105064

Tomorrow I am cooking dinner for the two of us, and it will be good, and much healthier.

CD

Yip I'd smash that.

Russ

Yip I'd smash that.

Russ

The best part of this style of nachos is that there is the same amount of meat and cheese on every single chip. It is not hit or miss, with some chips being loaded, and some having nothing.That's the scatter and dump style that you find in most restaurants that have no historical background on nachos. Every bite of these had a crisp tortilla chip, a good bite of meat, and cheese. Sour cream, diced tomatoes, sliced pickled jalapeños and guacamole on the side to add as you please.

Tonights nachos were our meal, not an appetizer. They are awesome, but I don't even want to know how much sodium was in that meal. :eek:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom