What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eating from the freezer - I had some frozen Italian sausage pieces cooked in peppers and onions, so I thawed those and boiled up some penne, mixed it all together, threw it in the oven after stirring in and topping it with some cheddar cheese (no Italian cheeses in the house):

IMG_5826.jpeg

Eating from the freezer - I had some frozen Italian sausage pieces cooked in peppers and onions, so I thawed those and boiled up some penne, mixed it all together, threw it in the oven after stirring in and topping it with some cheddar cheese (no Italian cheeses in the house):

View attachment 105103
I love that stuff like this exists. When cleaning out your fridge/freezer, or using up things before they expire, just toss with pasta, put over rice, or make it into a pizza. =profit

I should have taken a picture. :facepalm: I cooked some really nice bone in pork loin chops sous vide, then seared in OO and butter. I topped it in a diced apple, maple syrup, shallot and butter sauce. Some steamed cauliflower on the side.

I sous vide the chops seasoned with salt and pepper, and some sprigs of fresh rosemary, for two hours at 136F/58C They had a very slight pink inside, and they were tender and juicy!

The sauce is from this recipe... Recipe - Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin with Apple-Maple Sauce

Look at the picture, and imagine some thick, bone-in chops instead of pork tenderloin.

CD

Last edited:
I cooked some really nice bone in pork loin chops sous vide, then seared in OO and butter. I topped it in a diced apple, maple syrup, shallot and butter sauce. Some steamed cauliflower on the side.
Perfect Fall dish!

$16 for hummus!? $18 for a burger?! Dude....

Hotel/Airport prices! They know they've gotcha!

Yep, exactly. It was good though, even if the meal ended up being $40 (with tip). They probably charged $2 more since it came on a cutting board. :laugh:

IMG_5833.jpeg

The bartender is killing me. She’s a very loud, rabid Cincy sports fan. The Bearcats (Cincy) are playing Oklahoma in town today. She mentioned the team/staff for Oklahom all stayed at the hotel last night and were all really friendly and fun. Then she added:

“Ya wanna know the worst fans ever? Pittsburgh! Rude! Always azzholes! Last year, Steeler fans stayed here…$300 bar tab, didn’t tip, told me ‘F**k you an’ yer Bengals shirt! They’re even worse than Raven fans, and that’s sayin’ a lot!”

I’m sure Cincy fans aren’t any better when they travel to Pittsburgh. :laugh:

Yep, exactly. It was good though, even if the meal ended up being $40 (with tip). They probably charged $2 more since it came on a cutting board. :laugh:

View attachment 105118

The bartender is killing me. She’s a very loud, rabid Cincy sports fan. The Bearcats (Cincy) are playing Oklahoma in town today. She mentioned the team/staff for Oklahom all stayed at the hotel last night and were all really friendly and fun. Then she added:

“Ya wanna know the worst fans ever? Pittsburgh! Rude! Always azzholes! Last year, Steeler fans stayed here…$300 bar tab, didn’t tip, told me ‘F**k you an’ yer Bengals shirt! They’re even worse than Raven fans, and that’s sayin’ a lot!”

I’m sure Cincy fans aren’t any better when they travel to Pittsburgh. :laugh:
I will never understand sports people and how they get so offended just because you're from a different geographical location. I also don't want to understand.

Adding to my previous post…I used to always wait in the airport after dropping MrsT until she boards, just in case there’s a a last-minute cancellation (which has happened once in 35 years together).

Cincy airport…virtually nothing before security in the way of refreshment - maybe one coffee place, and it’s usually closed. I’d sit and sit, bored out of my mind, walk up and down, up and down…torture.

One year, though, we had an early departure (together), so we stayed the night before at the Marriott, just over the road, not five minutes from the airport, and discovered they have a decent bar-restaurant (by airport hotel standards), so now, every time I drop her or pick her up, I wait it out at the hotel and have a lovely overpriced beer, and maybe a meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom