What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pan-fried strip steak (perfect medium rare 125 °F internal temperature), and salad with homemade green goddess dressing (I used Trader Joe's green goddess seasoning).

Homemade Mocha brownies (with chopped pecans in the brownie, and the frosting) for dessert.

strip_steak_092223_img_1641-jpg.jpg

mocha_brownies_092223_2_img_1645-jpg.jpg

Pan-fried strip steak (perfect medium rare 125 °F internal temperature), and salad with homemade green goddess dressing (I used Trader Joe's green goddess seasoning).

Homemade Mocha brownies (with chopped pecans in the brownie, and the frosting) for dessert.

View attachment 105141

View attachment 105142

I have to ask... by strip steak, are you referring to what is also called a NY Strip? That's what it looks like in your photo, and it looks amazing. Nice char on the outside, and medium rare inside is perfect, IMO.

CD

I have to ask... by strip steak, are you referring to what is also called a NY Strip? That's what it looks like in your photo, and it looks amazing. Nice char on the outside, and medium rare inside is perfect, IMO.

CD
Yes boneless NY strip steak. Thank you. Screaming hot cast iron pan and butter.

I saw your t-shirt and had to do a search on Lamb of God. Wow, that's some serious, and rather dark metal. I didn't expect that from you.

The assortment of cities surprised me, too. The Woodlands TX and Camden, NJ? Irving and Austin in Texas I can see, and maybe El Paso, but the Woodlands is where wealthy families with MBAs and 2.4 children live. I'm trying to imagine a parking lot full of BMWs and Teslas at a LoG concert. :laugh:

CD
🤘

I made a Gordon Ramsey recipe Shepherd's Pie today as I found a bunch of minced lamb for cheap. The version I found is apparently used at his Bread Street Kitchen outlets and is interesting because it doesn't call for any flour when making the filling; instead it used thinly sliced potato which breaks down and thickens it as it cooks - that was a new one on me but it worked. Another interesting thing is that this recipe was in an article about his Dubai outlet so doesn't contain any alcohol whereas other versions of it list red wine.

Anyway it was really delicious.

Soz - no internals pic as we ate it all so quickly!

IMG_1738.jpg

I've never froze bread before, how do you freeze and thaw it?
I only ever eat bread that's been thawed lol I buy it in bulk, slice it and freeze it. Just thaw it the day before and toast it. You can eat it without toasting but the texture is a bit off. It works well for soaking up in sauces though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom