What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never understand sports people and how they get so offended just because you're from a different geographical location. I also don't want to understand.
I’ll admit, in my former life, when I was a rabid Vikings fan, I waited over an hour to be seated in a restaurant in Minneapolis, only to find out upon sitting that it was owned by a former Green Bay Packer, and I got up and left.

Then a year or two later, I had a serious reassessment of my priorities in life and shut all that off and have been much happier. Now, the most I’ll do is watch a game with the sound off or just follow it on Google with real-time updates. Life’s too short to get that upset about a game that I don’t make any money from - I suppose it’d be different if my livelihood depended on it.

The bartender is killing me. She’s a very loud, rabid Cincy sports fan. The Bearcats (Cincy) are playing Oklahoma in town today. She mentioned the team/staff for Oklahom all stayed at the hotel last night and were all really friendly and fun. Then she added:

“Ya wanna know the worst fans ever? Pittsburgh! Rude! Always azzholes! Last year, Steeler fans stayed here…$300 bar tab, didn’t tip, told me ‘F**k you an’ yer Bengals shirt! They’re even worse than Raven fans, and that’s sayin’ a lot!”

I’m sure Cincy fans aren’t any better when they travel to Pittsburgh. :laugh:

Some Steelers' fans are rather nice people... and good looking. :D

But yeah, there is not a lot of love in the AFC North division. And, Ratbirds (Ravens) fans are horrible.

Someone on the Ratbirds team needs to diss the Terrible Towel again. That'll put an end to their winning season in a hurry. :laugh:

CD

Cincy airport…virtually nothing before security in the way of refreshment
...and almost nothing afterwards! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Hellishly overpriced burgers in the Marriott, mind you. In fact, everything to do with airports is hellishly overpriced. I wonder why, when they've all got a captive audience?
I remember paying $15 for a beer in JFK in 2021. then in December last year (trapped in Chicago O'hare for 36 hours) the beers were $11 each. The crummy pizzas were $12.

Hellishly overpriced burgers in the Marriott, mind you. In fact, everything to do with airports is hellishly overpriced. I wonder why, when they've all got a captive audience?
I remember paying $15 for a beer in JFK in 2021. then in December last year (trapped in Chicago O'hare for 36 hours) the beers were $11 each. The crummy pizzas were $12.
I remember seeing a red wings game at Joe Louis many years ago and for me and my friend, for us to get 2 pops and a large pizza was like $40. The only good thing about that is there was such a high turnover that the pizza was literally right out of the oven and that being said, was one of the "best" little Caesars deep dishes I've ever had.

Sunday so d.i.l birthday request. I'm prepping 7x fillet mignon 3x lamb steaks for wee ones. I made 35 chicken croquettes yesterday and in the freezer.
We are having croquettes entrees steaks mushroom sauce potato dauphinoise asparagus and spring carrots.
Chocolate mousse dessert.
Asparagus was $9 bunch at supermarket. Wife refused that so a small joint 10 muns away $4 bunch.

Russ

Sunday so d.i.l birthday request. I'm prepping 7x fillet mignon 3x lamb steaks for wee ones. I made 35 chicken croquettes yesterday and in the freezer.
We are having croquettes entrees steaks mushroom sauce potato dauphinoise asparagus and spring carrots.
Chocolate mousse dessert.
Asparagus was $9 bunch at supermarket. Wife refused that so a small joint 10 muns away $4 bunch.

Russ
Filet mignon and lamb? That's a helluva bday feast!

I gotta do more lamb, I don't buy it but I love the taste of it. I'm hesitant I guess because it's not as common and I guess it's a more "neglected" item and I don't wanna end up getting the one that expired in 1986.

Filet mignon and lamb? That's a helluva bday feast!

I gotta do more lamb, I don't buy it but I love the taste of it. I'm hesitant I guess because it's not as common and I guess it's a more "neglected" item and I don't wanna end up getting the one that expired in 1986.

6 adults and 4 grandkids. Eldest is 14 so she gets a steak as well. 3 younger get lamb steaks. They have 2 croquettes ea as well. They ALL have great palates!! Youngest 9yo loves pate .
I recently bought a whole lamb 24kg for $240. It's cheap atm.

Russ

Russ

Char siu and Recipe - "Fluffy" fried rice.
20230923_191059.jpg

I plan to get to IAH airport tomorrow early, so I can go to Cadillac Grill & Tequila Bar for the best cheese and onion enchiladas I've ever had. It will be expensive, but oh sooooooo good! :hungry:

I'll try to remember to take a picture.

CD

We went to Sam'sSeafood & Steaks here in Houston for dinner. We both had fried oysters. They are kinda' small now, but the gave us more than we paid for to make up for the size, and they were good.

Once again, I forgot to take a picture. :facepalm:

CD

I saw your t-shirt and had to do a search on Lamb of God. Wow, that's some serious, and rather dark metal. I didn't expect that from you.

The assortment of cities surprised me, too. The Woodlands TX and Camden, NJ? Irving and Austin in Texas I can see, and maybe El Paso, but the Woodlands is where wealthy families with MBAs and 2.4 children live. I'm trying to imagine a parking lot full of BMWs and Teslas at a LoG concert. :laugh:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom