What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it stored?
Sometimes my wife will buy half a dozen "baguettes" (they're not called that here, but they're similar) from the baker, straight from the oven. Wrap them in their paper bag then wrap that paper bag in a large plastic bag and tie a knot. That's it.

Not me best work, but it’ll do:

IMG_5855.jpeg

I went to Cadillac Grill for my cheese enchiladas, and they were out of the chili sauce they use for them. :eek: So, I had chicken enchiladas instead. I have to say, they were VERY good. I've never had anything bad at that place... and it is in an airport!! Yes, it was expensive, but it was sooooo good.

1695598767500.jpeg

Looks messy, but sometimes really good food looks messy. This is an example of that.

CD

IMG_3179.JPG

I had the meanest ono-s (that's Hawaii speak for "I really want to eat ...") Butternut Squash Soup.
I got 9 cups out of a small-ish sized squash, so I shared 2 servings with Mr.&Mrs. Next Door Neighbor.
That's some roasted Pepita (Pumpkin) Seeds on top there.
It came out super! I put some grated fresh Ginger (Root) in with the Garlic and Onions, ONO (Hawaiian for delicious).

Dinner – NY strip steak pan-fried in butter (splash of Maggi seasoning sauce on service), and a salad (baby spring mix, baby rocket, and daikon radish sprouts). Simple vinaigrette (red wine vinegar, oil, and house blend seasoning). I love the flavor of steak with Maggi and vinaigrette dressing.

steak_salad_092423_1_img_1664-jpg.jpg

steak_salad_092423_2_img_1665-jpg.jpg

steak_salad_092423_3_img_1668-jpg.jpg

This looks a little redder than it was.

Last edited:
I went to Cadillac Grill for my cheese enchiladas, and they were out of the chili sauce they use for them. :eek: So, I had chicken enchiladas instead. I have to say, they were VERY good. I've never had anything bad at that place... and it is in an airport!! Yes, it was expensive, but it was sooooo good.

View attachment 105170

Looks messy, but sometimes really good food looks messy. This is an example of that.

CD
That's how my favorite Mexican place is, the look does not matter in the least, it's just too delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom