What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was acceptable for stew; simmered for over an hour. It was described as topside on the packaging.

Probably what we call top round. It is good for stews. It needs a long cook time. There is also a bottom round cut, that needs more than an hour of low, slow cooking. Probably more like three hours for bottom round.

CD

I think it's referred to as "rump" in UK.

That's a different cut in the US, IIRC. Both round and rump are really cheap, and have good flavor, but you have to cook them a long time or they are tough as leather. But, like I've said before, it seems every country has their own name for cuts of beef.

CD

So the last of the "non-butter no-chicken" with rice and a surprise dessert.

20230925_175555.jpg

One of our chooks sometimes lays what are known as "fart" eggs. They are a misfire of the ovaries. Much smaller eggs with only egg white, no yolk. So 2 of those gave me 50g of egg white, which I whisked with some ground demarara sugar (hence the golden colour), and poured over strawberries & rhubarb. I threw the result into the airfryer on bake mode and we had a simple but well balanced (sweetness wise) dessert. The only sugar added was to the meringue. The strawberries balanced nicely with the rhubarb.

20230925_172546.jpg

I saw your t-shirt and had to do a search on Lamb of God. Wow, that's some serious, and rather dark metal. I didn't expect that from you.

The assortment of cities surprised me, too. The Woodlands TX and Camden, NJ? Irving and Austin in Texas I can see, and maybe El Paso, but the Woodlands is where wealthy families with MBAs and 2.4 children live. I'm trying to imagine a parking lot full of BMWs and Teslas at a LoG concert. :laugh:

CD

I get that a lot. I love hard death metal. It has always been my thing. I got to see them live in Detroit last year. They put on a phenomenal show!

A couple of weeks ago I was able to see one of my all time favorite metal bands. Parkway Drive. I love these guys. They are a fantastic Australian band. What is even better. I get the tickets for $3.00's a piece. A lot of bands offer discounts to Military veterans!

When I am home alone, or when I am prepping/cooking, I am usually rocking out to this stuff.

For the record, my wife can't stand it. I usually am listening to poprocks, or solo violinists (which I also like).

B

I get that a lot. I love hard death metal. It has always been my thing. I got to see them live in Detroit last year. They put on a phenomenal show!

A couple of weeks ago I was able to see one of my all time favorite metal bands. Parkway Drive. I love these guys. They are a fantastic Australian band. What is even better. I get the tickets for $3.00's a piece. A lot of bands offer discounts to Military veterans!

When I am home alone, or when I am prepping/cooking, I am usually rocking out to this stuff.

For the record, my wife can't stand it. I usually am listening to poprocks, or solo violinists (which I also like).

B
I saw Lamb of God live in Lisbon a couple years ago! Along with Gojira, and Cane Hill, and Slayer. Lamb of God is not my cup of tea but they have awesome energy and I had a blast! The circle pits were good enough that they got some internet hype, but I don't do that kind of thing
View: https://youtu.be/6J_HMHp7xAE?si=Vw0nAsIOjhP9wWOF

Breakfast was Trader Joe's - Cave-aged blue cheese, double cream brie, and everything but the bagel bite-sized crackers. I love Trader Joe's cheese and crackers.

cheese_crackers_092523_1_img_1676-jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom