What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I can multi task. Great at 2 things at once, pretty good at 3, and it starts going downhill after that.

My mom has always been able to read and watch TV at the same time. I can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

When I visit my mom, the first thing I say when I enter the apartment is, "Turn the TV off." It doesn't help that she has FOXnews on TV all day. I hear one of those FOX morons, and have to stop myself from smashing her TV on the floor. :laugh:

CD

My mom has always been able to read and watch TV at the same time. I can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

When I visit my mom, the first thing I say when I enter the apartment is, "Turn the TV off." It doesn't help that she has FOXnews on TV all day. I hear one of those FOX morons, and have to stop myself from smashing her TV on the floor. :laugh:

CD

When family or friends are here the tv is either off or on mute. And no politics.

Russ

1g.jpg

CD

I can crochet and watch TV at the same time. I can also do counted cross stitch and charted needlepoint and petitpoint, unless it's an extremely complicated pattern or 48 stitches per square inch or smaller, and watch TV.

I can't knit and watch TV or anything else at the same time because I have a block on knitting for some reason, and I absolutely avoid knitting patterns for the most part.

I can crochet and watch TV at the same time. I can also do counted cross stitch and charted needlepoint and petitpoint, unless it's an extremely complicated pattern or 48 stitches per square inch or smaller, and watch TV.

I can't knit and watch TV or anything else at the same time because I have a block on knitting for some reason, and I absolutely avoid knitting patterns for the most part.

When I am doing writing and graphic design work on my computer, I can't even play music if it has lyrics. Instrumental music is okay, but no words. Especially writing, but even laying out text written by other people. The words in my ears and the words on the screen clash and fight for my attention, and my brain freezes up.

When I am doing photography jobs, it is completely different. In fact, crank up some good classic rock and roll really loud, and it makes my photos better. It puts me in a mood that works for photographing classic and exotic cars.

I'm sure there is some scientific explanation for this, but that is well over my head.

CD

I get most of my knitting done whilst either watching TV or listening to my mother on the phone, or whilst I nebuilse twice a day.

The only thing I can't usually manage with knitting and watching TV or talking to my mum is that first crucial so set-up round/row on some stuff.

I also can't proofread whilst watching the TV, at least not 100% accurately, lol.

Apparently I can, not that I've actually tried, but I always notice incorrect spelling or incorrect words or misuse if homonyms.
This is proofreading patterns. I should probably have been clearer, so it includes calculations and 3 or more sizes of everything including little things like a designer using non-standard symbols in charts and things like that. It's more a technical editor role than straight proofreading, if that makes sense. It has to be 100% correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom