What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is proofreading patterns. I should probably have been clearer, so it includes calculations and 3 or more sizes of everything including little things like a designer using non-standard symbols in charts and things like that. It's more a technical editor role than straight proofreading, if that makes sense. It has to be 100% correct.

I used to look at my mother's knitting patterns as a kid. May as well have been swahili?? Btw my wife knits. Especially when someone we know has a baby.

Russ

FB_IMG_1695682355225.jpg

MrsT is on a roll with her texts. She sent me pics of her last meal in Florida:

IMG_7324.jpeg
IMG_7328.jpeg

Shared with her friend, of course. I pointed out that we had plans to eat at a German restaurant here when she lands tomorrow and that she wouldn’t want to do that.

See her response:

IMG_5882.jpeg

:laugh:

That's actually been known to happen, especially in certain areas at certain times of the year in South Florida.
The all you can eat buffets over here in Australia now have strict t&cs with them that include a charge for anything left on your plate at the end. It's meant to stop people selecting too much and not being able to eat it all. As far as I can see, it would actually encourage people to pocket or bag the uneaten stuff left on your plate.

Last year at the hotel I've worked at, there were only some guests taking their breakfast with and also fewer people who asked if it's possible to take the remaining food from banquets.

My mom used to always have a couple of big gallon-sized ziplock bags in her purse, specifically for carting off extra helpings of buffet food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom