What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The all you can eat buffets over here in Australia now have strict t&cs with them that include a charge for anything left on your plate at the end. It's meant to stop people selecting too much and not being able to eat it all. As far as I can see, it would actually encourage people to pocket or bag the uneaten stuff left on your plate.

Same here but the staff watch the customers like hawks!

The staff are paid buttons so the owners can afford one waiter/waitress for every two tables.

I can't remember the last time I went to an all-you-can-eat buffet. I know it wouldn't have been my choice. My ex-wife's family from Oklahoma loved them. Their idea of dining out was to "stuff as much food down their gullets as possible" (their words, not mine).

CD

I can't remember the last time I went to an all-you-can-eat buffet. I know it wouldn't have been my choice. My ex-wife's family from Oklahoma loved them. Their idea of dining out was to "stuff as much food down their gullets as possible" (their words, not mine).

CD
I can honestly, hand on heart, say I've never been to one. But I do read the signs around me so know the restrictions placed on them.

The last time we went to an all you can eat buffet was close to 30 years ago. It was actually a decent place and a prime candidate for the plastic baggers from up north during the winter. They had steamed shrimp and crab legs, plus roast beef, ham and turkey carving stations, as well as all kinds of other stuff, plus great desserts. Wasn't cheap, around $35-40 per person back then, but so worth it if you could gorge.

The plastic baggers would even take the sugar and sweet and low packages off the table.

My in-laws wouldn't ever have paid 35 bucks for a meal. They were more the CiCi's all-you-can-eat pizza for $5.99. The kitchen could barely keep up. Well, at least the salad bar was safe from them.

CD

Pink awareness.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom