What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is still raining heavily. :okay:

CD

It's been raining here almost daily since May. We were warned three weeks ago that it may be necessary to indiscriminately open the sluice gates of our local main reservoir thereby flooding many low lying areas. Luckily this hasn't yet been necessary and the rain appears to have now abated.

This was my drum in September 2013 when not only did they open the sluice gates, they couldn't close them again (lack of maintenance probably).

floods (2).jpg

The kitchen and bathrooms were under 10" of water and the lounge and bedrooms 6". The cost of the damage (although I didn't replace like for like) was almost ฿200,000.00 (about US$6,000.00). We were promised compensation from the water authority of ฿2,000.00 which we never received.

The one that you see in this pic is the one that I bought & paid for. It's MINE now!! I'm now waiting for it to be set up for a state inspection, license plates & insurance!! Either this coming Saturday or the next, I'll be picking it up from the dealer!! I've always wanted a Kia Soul, either new or used!!! I'm a happy camper now!!! I just can't wait! Can't believe how quiet the engine is!!!! This is the only one that the dealer had. :whistling:
View attachment 106255
Someone who lives in the building has one in red!! Saw it this morning.

It's been raining here almost daily since May. We were warned three weeks ago that it may be necessary to indiscriminately open the sluice gates of our local main reservoir thereby flooding many low lying areas. Luckily this hasn't yet been necessary and the rain appears to have now abated.

This was my drum in September 2013 when not only did they open the sluice gates, they couldn't close them again (lack of maintenance probably).

View attachment 106360

The kitchen and bathrooms were under 10" of water and the lounge and bedrooms 6". The cost of the damage (although I didn't replace like for like) was almost ฿200,000.00 (about US$6,000.00). We were promised compensation from the water authority of ฿2,000.00 which we never received.

I know a kiwi guy that moved to Thailand and bought a house there. He died a few years ago back here in nz. But he lost his house to the women he lived with in Thailand. Can you transfer assets in Thailand back to another country ??

Russ

I know a kiwi guy that moved to Thailand and bought a house there. He died a few years ago back here in nz. But he lost his house to the women he lived with in Thailand. Can you transfer assets in Thailand back to another country ??

Russ

Yes you can. But you are not allowed to own land here as a foreigner. So he must have bought the house/land for the woman (or women) that he lived with and it then would be in her name. So, cash and any possessions other than house/land can be transferred both ways but it would be difficult after you die.

Two men were out hunting, and as they were walking along, they came upon a huge hole in the ground.

They approached it and were amazed at its size.

The first hunter said, "Wow, that's some hole. I can't even see the bottom. I wonder how deep it is."

The second hunter said, "I don't know. Let's throw something down there, listen, and see how long it takes to hit bottom."

The first hunter said, "Hey, there's an old automobile gear box over there. Give me a hand and we'll throw it in and see."

So they picked up the gear box, carried it over to the hole, counted one-two- three, and heaved it in.

They were standing there looking over the edge of the hole and listening when they heard a rustling behind them.

As they turned around, they saw a goat come crashing through the underbrush, run up to the hole, and, without hesitation, jump in head first. While they were standing there staring at each other in amazement they peered into the hole, trying to figure out what that was all about and just then an old farmer sauntered up. “Say there," said the farmer, "you fellers didn't happen to see my goat around here anywhere, did you?" The first hunter said, "Funny you should ask. We were just standing here a minute ago, and a goat came running out of the bushes doing about a hundred miles an hour and jumped head first into this here hole!"

Old farmer said, "Naw, that's impossible. I had him chained to a gear box."

Yes you can. But you are not allowed to own land here as a foreigner. So he must have bought the house/land for the woman (or women) that he lived with and it then would be in her name. So, cash and any possessions other than house/land can be transferred both ways but it would be difficult after you die.
Thanks I only found out after he died. The family here got nothing. Needless to say the marriage was a mess.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom