What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one for SatNav...

1698426296936.png

:laugh:

CD

I refused to drive in Paris or Rome. No way! London was actually pretty easy. NYC doesn't phase me. Paris or Rome? Not a chance.

CD
We cycled through Athens on the last Saturday before Christmas. It was surprisingly easy. That roads are that chaotic that 2 cyclists added to the mix riding 2 abreast in a lane pretending to be a vehicle didn't phase anyone.

Last edited:
I've driven some right hand drive cars in the US, and in the UK. It is much easier when you drive on the side of the road that the car was intended for.

CD
You know what’s weird? Having driven plenty of both orientations in the UK, I can go either way as a driver, doesn’t really matter, but I hate being a front-seat passenger in a UK car in the UK. Can’t stand it, won’t do it. :laugh:

You know what’s weird? Having driven plenty of both orientations in the UK, I can go either way as a driver, doesn’t really matter, but I hate being a front-seat passenger in a UK car in the UK. Can’t stand it, won’t do it. :laugh:

My ex-wife had problems with that, too. It was really bad on the narrow roads in the Lake District.

CD

Saw these today in Corfu:

IMG_6487.jpeg

I saw these, read the bottom sign, then read the top sign, then scratched my noggin and said, “It’s exactly what I thought it was.” 🤨

These…things are everywhere here, and I don’t just mean bottle openers. Little soaps, magnets…some of the magnets contain quite graphic depictions of…activities in the ancient world - how they get such detailed bits on refrigerator magnets is impressive - “Leave that goat alone, Demetrios!” :eek: :laugh:

My ex-wife had problems with that, too. It was really bad on the narrow roads in the Lake District.

CD
Those were the roads I learnt to drive on. Single track, barely wider than the vehicle, lined on both sides by "dry stone walls" (in quotes because with all the rain, they were rarely dry), often flooded, or coated in a layer of wet leaves and playing dodge with the tourists who don't know the size of the vehicle they're driving or what passing places actually are for. Also nothing over 3.5 tonnes (unless you've applied for permission) which made moving in and out quite interesting.

During the day, it could take up to an hour to drive the 8 miles to work. After 12am, it would take 10 minutes.

To the directions to our home were quite simple. If you haven't run out of tarmac, you've not gone far enough.

Saw these today in Corfu:

I saw these, read the bottom sign, then read the top sign, then scratched my noggin and said, “It’s exactly what I thought it was.” 🤨

These…things are everywhere here, and I don’t just mean bottle openers. Little soaps, magnets…some of the magnets contain quite graphic depictions of…activities in the ancient world - how they get such detailed bits on refrigerator magnets is impressive - “Leave that goat alone, Demetrios!” :eek: :laugh:
Ever been to Pompeii? Some of the murals/frescoes and mosaics are quite graphic. They have reproductions and postcards and T-shirts and statues, etc in the souvenier area set up outside the city.

What gets me though, except for the  outlandishly large ones, all the weenies are tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom