What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That should have been well in hand by now! Despite his Brit leanings, I don't know if TastyReuben is a fan of Xmas pud.
Yes, I love it! I buy one every year and eat it all myself. My dad loves them, too, even though he’s the first one to disparage British food…and French food…and German food…and Italian food…and Mexican food…

We had planned to stop at the Christmas shop on the way home yesterday from our couple of nights away, but it closed at 4pm and it was 4:01pm when we went passed.
It’s actually a universal law that you can work the lock or gently break a window to get to Christmas items, so long as you leave enough to cover the damage.

That’s because Santa and Jesus both agree that spreading Christmas joy is more important than some silly ol’ shop’s closing hours.

:laugh:

It’s actually a universal law that you can work the lock or gently break a window to get to Christmas items, so long as you leave enough to cover the damage.

That’s because Santa and Jesus both agree that spreading Christmas joy is more important than some silly ol’ shop’s closing hours.

:laugh:
Or alternatively, as per my oh's theory, it just means that he has an excuse to visit a raw food café about half an hour further down the road again.

We have our own Christmas abomination, the Fruitcake.

View attachment 103831

That thing weighs about five pounds. It is that dense.

CD
I see your fruitcake, and raise you a "Bolo rei"
receita-de-bolo-rei-tradicional.jpg

No one likes it, but everyone has one at the Christmas table since it's a tradition

I need some groceries. I drove by HEB, and there were a good 300-plus cars in the parking lot. I never shop at HEB on a Sunday.

I went to Kroger instead. There were maybe fifty people in the store, and I parked three spaces from the door.

I did find some good deals on steaks. I don't really need any steaks right now, but I can vacuum seal them and freeze them. These prices looked too good.

The Smaller steaks are Nolan Ryan steaks, from pasture raised and finished Angus cattle in Central Texas. They are very good.

The Akaushi steaks come from a Japanese pasture raised breed of cattle that are pasture raised and finished in South Texas. I've never tried this steak before. I may have to cook one in the next few days.

1692572311019.jpeg

CD

Two days ago, I saw these items in the store. I bought the KitKats, and they were pretty good. They had some Churro Flavor.

1692572645817.jpeg

I snapped this picture for Tasty, or perhaps this is more up Mrs T's alley.

1692572704833.jpeg

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom