What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found out we had a new Korean market open just about 5 minutes from us. We went yesterday and finally got some rice vinegar, plus some kimchee base since I used nearly all of what we had the other day. Plus picked up some cellophane noodles and some soju.

They also sell fresh made kimchi, some homemade Korean sweets and a few savories. They must make more homemade foods on the weekends per their reviews, which mention Korean BBQ.

Most of their stuff was frozen, refrigerated or pantry, but they did have a small selection of very nice produce. They even had perilla/shisho leaves for sale. So, I think a shabu-shabu is more than likely in our future.

Most importantly though, they actually spoke English and were very helpful when asked but didn't hover.

Hey medtran49, I just saw that ALDI bought out Winn-Dixie. They are apparently going to convert a lot of WD stores to ALDI stores. Will that effect your shopping?

CD

Sure will because we haven't set foot in an Aldi since our first visit years ago and won't again. But, they won't convert our closest WD because there is already an Aldi that is only a few years old that's a touch closer. So, the long time WD will either remain or close.

You see Christmas everywhere! Let us enjoy summer while it's still here! 😂

We even see Christmas here (although not for a few months yet). Thais do not celebrate Christmas but the corporate money grabbers push it in the major superstores.

Yes! Sod Xmas - we're not even over the cricket season yet. 😆 😆 😆
Here’s how my brain works:

Cricket…Jiminey Cricket…Disney…Disney made a lot of holiday programs…Christmas! :laugh:

…and in keeping with the topic at hand, I’m off to get some milk and heavy cream.

I don't know if anyone is except the Brits :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We have our own Christmas abomination, the Fruitcake.

1692400838509.png

That thing weighs about five pounds. It is that dense.

CD

All that red and green reminds me of Christmas!
We had planned to stop at the Christmas shop on the way home yesterday from our couple of nights away, but it closed at 4pm and it was 4:01pm when we went passed.

(I'll need to get there before the middle of October to see if there are any new Aussie bird glass baubles to take back to the UK for my mum! she doesn't have a Christmas tree, but still wants the baubles, go figure. They are hand painted on the inside and not cheap and somehow I have to get them to the UK when we fly out there in October. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom