What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trader Joe’s - cheese, ev but the bagel bite size crackers, teeny tiny zucchini, smoked trout (canned), smoked hot salmon, sour bars and cats gummies, vanilla pumpkin candle.

I bought:
Lebanese cracked olives, Moroccan dried olives and Kalamatas.
Di Cecco olive oil.
bacon, thinly sliced.
Sesame seeds.
Basmati rice.
hot chiles.
Colombian yellow potatoes.
And 2.5 kgs of this:
Rhubarb 2023.jpg

Left your wallet at home, again?

CD
I started to get some strawberries, then figured I could wait until MrsT gets back, because she’ll be interested in the next thing I’m making, and everything else on my list can wait.

I saw these in a fridge case up front:

IMG_5870.jpeg

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m suspicious of anything on sale that doesn’t have a brand name on it. :laugh:

I started to get some strawberries, then figured I could wait until MrsT gets back, because she’ll be interested in the next thing I’m making, and everything else on my list can wait.

I saw these in a fridge case up front:

View attachment 105238

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m suspicious of anything on sale that doesn’t have a brand name on it. :laugh:

Why? What could possible go wrong?

1695755807454.png

CD

I bought:
Lebanese cracked olives, Moroccan dried olives and Kalamatas.
Di Cecco olive oil.
bacon, thinly sliced.
Sesame seeds.
Basmati rice.
hot chiles.
Colombian yellow potatoes.
And 2.5 kgs of this:
View attachment 105237

Oh how I love rhubarb! What are you planning to cook with it? It goes rather well with strawberries I think...

Oh how I love rhubarb! What are you planning to cook with it? It goes rather well with strawberries I think...

Yes. I don't like rhubarb, but it is very popular with strawberries in pies, at least in the US. My dad has always loved strawberry rhubarb pie, so we had it growing in the garden when I was a kid, and my mom baked S/R pies every summer.

CD

Yep. I did a mini stewed strawberry rhubarb dessert with a meringue topping earlier in the week. First time we've mixed them and they do compliment each other nicely.

20230925_172550.jpg

It's golden because I only had demarara sugar to hand which I powdered.

I ordered these China-grown Morels off the internet to see what they're like. In Singapore 20g of French Morels cost SGD $32 (~USD $23) now which is crazy. These cost SGD $12 for the same weight and have free shipping. I aim to try them out in a recipe this weekend.

IMG_1790.JPG

I ordered these China-grown Morels off the internet to see what they're like. In Singapore 20g of French Morels cost SGD $32 (~USD $23) now which is crazy. These cost SGD $12 for the same weight and have free shipping. I aim to try them out in a recipe this weekend.

View attachment 105299

I assume those are dried. I don't think they'd make it to you if they were fresh.

I hope they are good. I looked, and those Chinese morels are about the same price as dried American morels, shipped to my home. But it would probably cost a lot more for you once shipped to you from the US to Singapore. I'm used to Chinese food products being half the price of American.

CD

I assume those are dried. I don't think they'd make it to you if they were fresh.

I hope they are good. I looked, and those Chinese morels are about the same price as dried American morels, shipped to my home. But it would probably cost a lot more for you once shipped to you from the US to Singapore. I'm used to Chinese food products being half the price of American.

CD
Yes they're dried - I'll have to soak them before using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom