What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not considered a cheap or low-quality product at all. When I make “quick” chicken noodle soup, that’s what I use.

The differences between US and UK perceptions of ingredients can be really surprising sometimes. I don't mean my personal perception but the cultural 'perception'.

The differences between US and UK perceptions of ingredients can be really surprising sometimes. I don't mean my personal perception but the cultural 'perception'.

Yes, indeed. You perceive Marmite as food. :D

I've never used canned chicken, but my sister uses it regularly. Like TR mentioned, it is mostly used for convenience in recipes like chicken salad and chicken noodle soup. It is good quality, and it is not cheap.

CD

IMG_6029.jpeg
IMG_6030.jpeg
IMG_6031.jpeg
IMG_6032.jpeg
IMG_6033.jpeg

Is that a mini pot of HP sauce in the crips photo? And why are the crisps called crisps? I thought they were called chips over there...

Looks like a jar of HP sauce. That's odd.

Those chips are labeled crisps, and flavor is spelled the British way, so I figured they were a UK brand. "Castle Cooked" is another hint.

CD

Yes, indeed. You perceive Marmite as food. :D
I'm not sure about its origins, but I understand that it was a by-product of spent brewer's yeast.
FACT: anything that derives from beer, must be good. :roflmao: :roflmao:
There's a story (perhaps a myth) that Marmite was frequently given to children as a Vitamin B supplement.
FACT: "B" stands for "Beer"
Love it or hate it, it IS good in gravy, and you won't even notice it.

There's a story (perhaps a myth) that Marmite was frequently given to children as a Vitamin B supplement.
It is high in b vitamins. That's no myth.
It's a very good mossie/midge repellent. But you do need it in your system beforehand. We ate it everyday on cheese sandwiches whilst cycling through Scandinavia and had very few insect bites despite living outside and camping all of the time, including in swamp forests (Finland, they are what they sound like).

I'm not sure about its origins, but I understand that it was a by-product of spent brewer's yeast.
FACT: anything that derives from beer, must be good. :roflmao: :roflmao:
FACT: "B" stands for "Beer"
Love it or hate it, it IS good in gravy, and you won't even notice it.

Back in the day, I drank plenty of "vitamin B." :laugh:

CD

Is that a mini pot of HP sauce in the crips photo? And why are the crisps called crisps? I thought they were called chips over there...
Yes, that’s a wee jar of HP sauce, it was too cute to resist.

The crisps are labeled crisps because I was at the international market, and these particular ones are from Northern Ireland, so they are indeed…crisps!

Yes, that’s a wee jar of HP sauce, it was too cute to resist.

The crisps are labeled crisps because I was at the international market, and these particular ones are from Northern Ireland, so they are indeed…crisps!
Hubby came home yesterday day with these for me.
20231007_114356.jpg

He promptly opened the mustard and put it on his lunch. I did ask why when we have 3 pots of mustard open in the fridge already but got that look.

He promptly opened the mustard and put it on his lunch. I did ask why when we have 3 pots of mustard open in the fridge already but got that look.
:laugh: - I’m like that with mustard (I think I have five open mustard containers) and MrsT is like that with jam/jelly/preserves.

IMG_6051.jpeg

Quick ALDI stop, MrsT said, “We need some cheese.”

IMG_6052.jpeg

Gift from my sister - the last of her peppers ( 🤷‍♂️ ), canned tomatoes, canned spaghetti sauce, canned salsa, and canned pickled beets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom