What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I have to think of something to do with them...

1697223548589.jpeg

CD

I used a bag of those to make these a while ago:

View attachment 105835

Did those in the air fryer, and that’s a WW recipe, and I think it was the first thing I made in the air fryer that actually tasted good.

I'm thinking along similar lines. I don't know what yours are stuffed with, and don't want to know (until after I make mine). I am pondering two paths I can go down, TexMex or Italian. No air fryers will be used in the making of my dish.

CD

I'm thinking along similar lines. I don't know what yours are stuffed with, and don't want to know (until after I make mine). I am pondering two paths I can go down, TexMex or Italian. No air fryers will be used in the making of my dish.

CD
There's nothing stopping 2 people posting similar recipes. It's only the same member reposting the same recipe that's against the challenge rules.

There's nothing stopping 2 people posting similar recipes. It's only the same member reposting the same recipe that's against the challenge rules.

Yes, I know that. I don't like to do that. But, in this case, I plan to aim quite a bit further towards left field than most would, especially TR.

CD

Fry's chocolate cream yesterday. I don't know the cost of these in the West but these were the equivalent of 90p for 49 gm bars.

Chocolate cream s.jpg

I had to have some blood work done and the lab that does the tests is in the same shopping center as a huge market that has traditional anglo foods, and also a very large selection of Caribbean and Latin American foods. Their produce section has fruits and vegetables you would expect to find in any grocery store plus all sorts of tropical fruits and vegetables. The meat department is one big refrigerated room. They sell ALL parts of cows, pigs and poultry, chicken, turkey, guinea, etc. Goat parts are sold too. They have large cuts as well, like brisket, pichana/tri tip, whole tenderloins and eye of round. They also have frozen exotic meats like game and alligator. The seafood department had 6 or 7 types of whole fish, octopus, thawed conch, 2 types of oysters sold by by the dozen, mussels by the pound, plus the ususal shrimp and fish filets, also live lobster in large tanks.

We shop there once in a while but it's a bit of a drive so not in our usual rotation. The prices are a bit less than Publix and Winn Dixie but not enough to warrant driving there unless there is a reason or a really good sale.

They had baby back ribs and boneless/skinless chicken thighs on sale for $3 a pound so craig snagged some ribs and I got some of the b/s thighs since I'm making smothered chicken this week and i hate boning chicken. They also had Tomahawk rib eyes for $9 a pound. I thought about it, but nah, not paying for that much bone. They also had lard that is always refrigerated. It's not leaf lard, but a better quality than the stuff you get off the shelf.

We started to buy stuff for tamales, the lard noted above, corn husks and dried chiles for Craig's sauce, as there is more of a turnover there so they are fresher. We'll either go back next week or to the Mexican market that is fairly close to get the cheese and vegetables, as they are cheaper, besides being fresher, next menu planning.

Also grabbed a red jalapeno for a meal this week.

The market is part of a chain. Two locations in South Florida and at least 10 in the NYC area.

I had to have some blood work done and the lab that does the tests is in the same shopping center as a huge market that has traditional anglo foods, and also a very large selection of Caribbean and Latin American foods. Their produce section has fruits and vegetables you would expect to find in any grocery store plus all sorts of tropical fruits and vegetables. The meat department is one big refrigerated room. They sell ALL parts of cows, pigs and poultry, chicken, turkey, guinea, etc. Goat parts are sold too. They have large cuts as well, like brisket, pichana/tri tip, whole tenderloins and eye of round. They also have frozen exotic meats like game and alligator. The seafood department had 6 or 7 types of whole fish, octopus, thawed conch, 2 types of oysters sold by by the dozen, mussels by the pound, plus the ususal shrimp and fish filets, also live lobster in large tanks.

We shop there once in a while but it's a bit of a drive so not in our usual rotation. The prices are a bit less than Publix and Winn Dixie but not enough to warrant driving there unless there is a reason or a really good sale.

They had baby back ribs and boneless/skinless chicken thighs on sale for $3 a pound so craig snagged some ribs and I got some of the b/s thighs since I'm making smothered chicken this week and i hate boning chicken. They also had Tomahawk rib eyes for $9 a pound. I thought about it, but nah, not paying for that much bone. They also had lard that is always refrigerated. It's not leaf lard, but a better quality than the stuff you get off the shelf.

We started to buy stuff for tamales, the lard noted above, corn husks and dried chiles for Craig's sauce, as there is more of a turnover there so they are fresher. We'll either go back next week or to the Mexican market that is fairly close to get the cheese and vegetables, as they are cheaper, besides being fresher, next menu planning.

Also grabbed a red jalapeno for a meal this week.

The market is part of a chain. Two locations in South Florida and at least 10 in the NYC area.
What’s the name of the chain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom