What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The market is part of a chain. Two locations in South Florida and at least 10 in the NYC area.

That sounds a little like Fairway Market, but I don't think they are in Florida. I love their stores in NYC.

CD

That sounds a little like Fairway Market, but I don't think they are in Florida. I love their stores in NYC.

CD
I loved Fairway. Both stores in NJ are closed. Their prime meat (especially house cured corned beef in March), coffee beans, and loose tea were my favorites. I can't get to NYC to shop there.

We bought the rest of the stuff needed for tamales today, chicken, ancho dried chiles, cilantro, poblanos, tomatillos, jalapeno, onions, garlic, Oaxacha cheese, and masa for tamales. We'll start making the salsas in the next couple of days. I'm not going to try and do everything in 1 day.

IMG_6500.jpeg

I've been restocking my dry goods/canned goods, that I store in my auxiliary pantry in our finished garage.
Also filling back up my two freezers out there.
Ya know, just in case ...

By "finished garage," do you mean you removed the garage door, and closed it in as a room?

CD

By "finished garage," do you mean you removed the garage door, and closed it in as a room?

CD
In Hawaii at least, a finished garage has 3 dry walled walls and an automatic garage door ... there's not a lot of those in my neighborhood, it's more car ports, all open.
Since moving to the mainland, the finished garage is a luxury for me. The two homes that we've owned here on the mainland, we put in floor to almost ceiling cabinets the entire length of one side. I use that for my overflow goods.

In Hawaii at least, a finished garage has 3 dry walled walls and an automatic garage door ... there's not a lot of those in my neighborhood, it's more car ports, all open.
Since moving to the mainland, the finished garage is a luxury for me. The two homes that we've owned here on the mainland, we put in floor to almost ceiling cabinets the entire length of one side. I use that for my overflow goods.

Okay. Finished garages are pretty common here, at least since the 1980s. All three of my houses have had them. In older neighborhoods, you will sometimes see a garage converted into a living space, like a family room.

CD

caseydog our house back in Kaneohe had an extra long open car port. You could park two cars under the roof. It was like a breezeway for us kids. AND it had a long driveway leading in. My parents did convert about half of the roof line into a den/family room. It was huge! DH and I lived there while we had what's called our Ohana House built onto Mom & Dad's place. It was a cozy 2+2 little house attached by a common area, which was the concrete patio slab, between the two homes.
We were the first to do this in our neighborhood, so it when we went to sell it and all of us moved to the mainland, the realtor had a heck of a time guess-ti-mating the selling price. Mom made out like a bandit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom