What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little treat from Italy:

IMG_6749.jpeg

The hard candies are meant to be served cold, from the freezer - they’re full of some of that melon liqueur that’s in the little bottle - not too sweet, but like concentrated cantaloupe. Fantastic, and a real surprise when they first burst.

That little box is a gift for a friend, we bought a big box for ourselves. Same with the pistachio pesto as well.

Get ready…

IMG_6736.jpeg

Those little pork chops were too good to pass up.

IMG_6737.jpeg

Looking forward to the bar mix!

IMG_6738.jpeg

Those peaches are very fragrant and very soft. They won’t see the sun set.

IMG_6739.jpeg
IMG_6740.jpeg

That pineapple has the sharpest green bits on it I’ve ever encountered. I jabbed myself about six times getting that thing. 😣

More to follow…

You are in a soup/stew mood lately, it seems. I haven't seen a pork burger in a while.

CD

I can't eat burgers since I have had the throat problem. I'm currently experimenting with dishes that I can eat without major problems. Up to now I've discovered that I can live with chilli-con-carne, pork/chicken/beef/prawn stew/soup, noodle soup, beans on toast, cottage pie; apparently any dishes with a high liquid content.

I can't eat burgers since I have had the throat problem. I'm currently experimenting with dishes that I can eat without major problems. Up to now I've discovered that I can live with chilli-con-carne, pork/chicken/beef/prawn stew/soup, noodle soup, beans on toast, cottage pie; apparently any dishes with a high liquid content.
Swallowing issues are one of the reasons we mostly eat soups or very liquid foods. I can't eat anything unless I have liquid to hand to drink and can only eat small mouthfuls (since life saving surgery 5 years ago).

We've found that I can eat burgers if they are in soup or stews, just not in a bun or with dry foods. Perhaps that might be an option (not knowing what the problem is.)

Right now is also worse than normal because of my cough/cold/sore throat.

Perhaps that might be an option (not knowing what the problem is.)

Unfortunately, no-one appears to know the reason for the problem. I also have difficulty speaking coherently.

It was my opinion that I had a silent stroke last December, or if not, it was a delayed symptom of Covid-19 which I had in August/September.

I've seen eight doctors since and only one (the last one) believes that it may have been a silent stroke. I've had blood tests, urine tests, wires connected to my body, numerous X-rays, an endoscopy, ultrasound examinations, and finally an MRI. Plus a shed load of medication which has not been effective at all.

It must be remembered though, they still believe in Witch Doctors, Medicine Men and Voodoo around these parts!

There's a supposedly Thai soup Craig loves in a Cookbook from a Thai chef. It's tiny pork meatballs spiced with fish sauce, white pepper, and some other things, but i don't remember off top of head, with mushrooms and the glass/cellophane/bean thread noodles in a chicken and/or light pork stock with cilantro. I can get the recipe if you don't know what I'm talking about and are interested.

2020-04-10-19-07-07-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately, no-one appears to know the reason for the problem. I also have difficulty speaking coherently.
Sorry to hear about all that going on with you.

You don’t ever travel back to the UK any more, right? Any chance you can find a place nearer, but with a more modern view on medicine?

Sorry to hear about all that going on with you.

You don’t ever travel back to the UK any more, right? Any chance you can find a place nearer, but with a more modern view on medicine?

I was being a little sarcastic, sorry. They are not that backward (most of them aren't, anyway).

It was my opinion that I had a silent stroke last December, or if not, it was a delayed symptom of Covid-19 which I had in August/September.

I've seen eight doctors since and only one (the last one) believes that it may have been a silent stroke. I've had blood tests, urine tests, wires connected to my body, numerous X-rays, an endoscopy, ultrasound examinations, and finally an MRI. Plus a shed load of medication which has not been effective at all.

It must be remembered though, they still believe in Witch Doctors, Medicine Men and Voodoo around these parts!
I'm sorry to hear that.

My neighbour started with similar symptoms back around Easter. Everyone including her just assumed it was an existing condition that was worsening. It wasn't sadly and by the time they found out what it actually was (oesophageal cancer) she was too weak for surgery and it didn't respond to chemo. She passed away 24hrs ago.

Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom