What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2024)?

We had a couple of cherries trees when I was a kid and it was hard to keep the birds from them.

Indeed. The wood pigeons get most of them but the droopy branches are too difficult for them to perch on. Max is 6 ft plus so I hope with the aid of a broom he can hook some down. He is out for a walk with Steve (partner who has dementia) at the moment but wIll have a go on his return. I'll post any results later.

Here we go. About 750g of ripe ones. Unfortunately he also picked a load of unripe ones and cherries don't ripen one picked.

20240618_191404.jpg

Well, I'm really hoping that this evening, Max (son) can pick some of the cherries which are ripe on the tree in my garden. They will be free!
My favourite price!
We had a whopping cherry tree and I never had a single cherry from it, it was too tall to reach any of the branches. Just a stump now because it was starting to threaten the house.

For both my daughter and me:
Ground beef and pork
Cherry tomatoes
Gluten free cookies (eaten)
Nectarines
Plant yoghurts
Mozzarella
Prosciutto
Fresh cucumbers
Two green bell peppers
Soy drink

A mini haul during a break at work.
The Mozart Kugel are for a student of our school who today graduates , finishes a big 10y chunk of her music education. She will continue to study in Austria. She had her final concert today.

We had some issues with Water contamination( bacteria) a week ago at the workplace, I am reluctant to drink the tap water that soon after...hence the watery drinks.

Teriyaki peanuts, coco yoghurt, mini pepperoni.

20240620_182722.jpg

A mini haul during a break at work.
The Mozart Kugel are for a student of our school who today graduates , finishes a big 10y chunk of her music education. She will continue to study in Austria. She had her final concert today.

We had some issues with Water contamination( bacteria) a week ago at the workplace, I am reluctant to drink the tap water that soon after...hence the watery drinks.

Teriyaki peanuts, coco yoghurt, mini pepperoni.

View attachment 114992
Nice nails!

If anybody has a Winn Dixie close, they are having great sales on various proteins if you are a member of their savings program. $9 a pound for red royal shrimp. $6 a pound for boneless chuck roast thru Sunday. Ahi tuna for $7 a pound. They didn't have any out, so I asked. They brought a whole tuna loin out and cut off what I wanted. There's enough for 2 nice thick steaks, plus a thinner piece for sushi. Pork belly for $4 a pound. Individually wrapped and frozen cod fillet pieces for $9 a pound.

Plus, we had a coupon for $15 off a purchase over $75. So, we pretty much cleaned up.

Back
Top Bottom