What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2024)?

Really? How so?
Probably because, for the longest time, the only time we’d see dark chocolate with orange flavoring here was at Christmas. I think oranges have a long association with Christmas, anyway.

Now, of course, we can get flavored chocolate like that year-round, but I still look forward to something like that every year at Christmas.

Shopping today...
Fresh produce bought was tomatoes, onions, potatoes, yoghurt, chicken, eggs, baquette, steak, garlic and fresh coriander (very chuffed with the last one)
Then gin, tonic, wine & beer
Dogfood, rice for the dogs, mieliemeal, oil, washing powder, toothpaste & petrol
Couple of waste pipe fittings (which I actually went to town for, and to get cash to pay wages)
And I got myself some new solar lights, but you can't eat those (neither can you eat waste pipe, but it's essential after you have eaten :) )

Arrived today. It's the end of financial year sales here and this came with 25% off. Given we use saffron frequently, that's about 6-9 months supply there.

20240628_110843.jpg

20240628_110850.jpg

I've used this company before so know the quality is excellent.

IMG_8637.jpeg

Baked goods (blueberry fritter, whoopie pie, peach fry pie, maple long john)

IMG_8638.jpeg
IMG_8639.jpeg

Never had those chips/crisps before, cottage ham will be for tomorrow, trail bologna, German old-fashioned bologna.

IMG_8640.jpeg

More sausages and a lot of cheese: Colby, Colby-Swiss, butter cheese, Bermuda onion, green onion, and extra-sharp cheddar.

IMG_8636.jpeg

I also apparently missed a pic, because I also got some sauerkraut bratwurst.

Back
Top Bottom