What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2024)?

The Marianski's have a lot of knowledge about sausage making. They got a forum etc as well. Not seen vegetarian sausages on it though (yet)
Meats and Sausages
Homemade Sausage Making - Index page
Interesting.
Although the forum I’m seeing is in Polish and that’s not something I understand.

They clearly put in a lot of time and energy researching and testing various ingredients to get the vegetarian/vegan sausages to where they felt it needed to be.
Given the huge amount of knowledge displayed in their main sausage book which has been excellent and reliable I think they’ve done their homework on the vegetarian stuff so I’m happy to give it a go.

If it hadn’t been researched and written by them I would probably have read it and thought nope I’m not risking it!

Edit: cleared my browser history etc and now it’s in English 👍

I’m well aware of what upsets my GI tract but being a coeliac is restrictive enough without adding anything else into the mix 😂
Agreed.
You mentioned vegetables, so I thought other than coeliac, which is definitely demamding...anyways, for me it is a lot of raw garlic e.g., but I can fry, or cook or bake it, and it's easier on me.

IMG_2334.jpeg

Ordered for when I finally finish lacquering the damnable table.
One more sanding and one more coat to go!

IMG_8893.jpeg

Pretzel bread, cheese dip, and mini eclairs from the German bakery, blue drink to help get MrsT through her covid, white drink to help me get through her covid.

IMG_8894.jpeg

First local farmer’s shop. First true local tomatoes, raised just a few miles from the house, and I’m going to pickle those banana peppers.

IMG_8895.jpeg

Lime, lemon, and oranges for sangria tomorrow (if MrsT is up for it). Those PB M&M’s…I usually don’t complain about shrinkflation, but that’s a full-sized (single serve) pack, and it’s got the same amount of candies in it as the little Halloween fun-sized ones. 😠

IMG_8896.jpeg

usually don’t complain about shrinkflation,
That is sad. Read an article about a local lady who complained outright about a chocolate going up in the price from 3 to 6 euros.
It may not seem a lot, but it is a 100% increase.
Hardly any salaries go up or went up by 100%.
Could you imagine?

It’s not even August yet, and they’d just set this up at Kroger:
Christmas is coming soon , TastyReuben.
I'll have to be brutally honest about huge multinationals like General Mills, Heinz, Mondelez,Nestlé, Unilever, etc. Whenever I see "limited edition" on a product like that, it makes my blood boil. Cheerios sell 139 MILLION boxes of cereal every year, so how many of these are limited?
I can understand "limited edition" for a special, 10 barrel version of scotch, bourbon, rum, or an exquisite artwork, or a special car/motorbike - but a packet of cereal? Puh-lease :hyper:

Aceto balsamico
Oil
Crispy potato snacks
Vitamin c
Lean deli meats
Pepper&tomato spread
Vegan cream cheese
Coconut yoghurt, my fav brand
Gluten free toast
Sour cherries compote
Hokkaido squash
Aubergine