What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2024)?

Butcher called in with my order.
3kg rolled roast beef.
1 kg bacon in 5oo.gm packs
Roast is for Sunday family dinner

Russ
20240802_133347.jpg

20240802_133358.jpg

Dorothy Lane, Kroger, and Meijer:

IMG_8928.jpeg

That’s my first local corn, and those peaches are Ohio-grown (and quite good; I just ate one).

The saffron took three stops to find (Meijer). The first place carried it from three suppliers, but was completely sold out. They did have the rose water, though, which I was half-expecting not to be able to get at all.

I took a pic of the store’s potato salad (one of several varieties they make - that’s their “classic”) to make it more visible, since we’ve been discussing potato salad elsewhere. That tub (1-1/4 lbs) was almost $15, but it’s the only store-made potato salad we’ll eat. It’s wonderful (all their varieties are).

IMG_8930.jpeg
IMG_8931.jpeg
IMG_8932.jpeg

Here are some baby eggplants I didn’t buy:
You could have stuffed them with coconut, tamarind, palm sugar and spices; made them into melanzane alla parmigiana; made a ratatouille; used them for moussaka; made some Georgian aubergines stuffed with meat and walnuts; made some Chinese eggplant with minced pork; sliced them really thin and then served them with honey, as the Spanish do; made some babaghanoush; transported yourself to Turkiye for some Imam Bayeldi, or to Punjab for some baingan bharta...and all you did was fondle them? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You could have stuffed them with coconut, tamarind, palm sugar and spices; made them into melanzane alla parmigiana; made a ratatouille; used them for moussaka; made some Georgian aubergines stuffed with meat and walnuts; made some Chinese eggplant with minced pork; sliced them really thin and then served them with honey, as the Spanish do; made some babaghanoush; transported yourself to Turkiye for some Imam Bayeldi, or to Punjab for some baingan bharta...and all you did was fondle them? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I don’t think (although I could be wrong) Tasty’s proclivities include wanting to fondle others aubergines.

I get the last one, the first one not so much.
Unless perhaps you’re an expensive piece of arm candy? 😆
I have to earn my spending money somehow…* :whistling:

*I went to add appropriate emojis for “fondle” and “eggplant,” and even that just looked too explicit, so I had to go with the whistle.

New pasta:amaranth, teff and quinoa conchiglie.
No luck with vegan ghee, thete were 3 other options that did not sound right, so just the pasta for now.

20240809_205611.jpg

Back
Top Bottom