What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2024)?

Here's the rest of our food shop
20240814_133619.jpg

Delicious cranberry vinegar, the best I ever tasted. Handmade at the stall we bought it at.
20240814_132814.jpg

Rote grotze ( red fruit preserves) roasted kimchi flavoured sesame seeds, lavender honey, cocktail cherries, Düsseldorfer mustard and wine sauerkraut

20240814_133410.jpg
Quark donuts, spicy herb cream cheese & luxury yoghurt
20240814_132850.jpg
Mini lemon cakes & strawberry chocolate

20240812_163236.jpg
Cherry panna cotta yoghurt

Sooo
It's cabbage season and I bought 2 beautiful looking specimens
Tonight, cabbage salad
Earlier today I made pickled cabbage, 1 set with chili, coriander, and some other stuff, 1 without.
I read that cabbage is good for dogs, so they are getting.
Made another batch of sauerkraut and nasi goreng tomorrow.
Plus a lot to my staff.
And all that for just over 1 U$

Not amused with this delivery.
Chose loose portabello mushroom to save on packaging.
They arrived in a plastic bag (that did look and feel like a biodegradable bag) however the mushrooms were wet, slimy and damaged from sweating.
Expect better from Waitrose. Heyho.
View attachment 117394
I hope you've reported it.

Agreed.
You mentioned vegetables, so I thought other than coeliac, which is definitely demamding...anyways, for me it is a lot of raw garlic e.g., but I can fry, or cook or bake it, and it's easier on me.
I use roasted or semi-roasted garlic a lot in place of raw. It really mellows out the harshness.

I use roasted or semi-roasted garlic a lot in place of raw. It really mellows out the harshness.
Oh yes, definitely, it's a saviour.
Yesterday with my simple kale dish,the garlic was sauteéd and boiled, and it went down well.

I always forget to take pictures when I'm done shopping.
Mainly because I'll be tired, hot & bothered by then and just pack everything away asap.

Anyway
Last shop was oranges, apples, garlic, potatoes, cabbages and butternut
Plus olive oil (or was that the time before?), red wine, raw peanuts, yoghurt and meat (beef neck, pork mixed cut and bones)

Back
Top Bottom