What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2024)?

So how do you order soft creamy scrambled egg or an omelette which is soft inside.?

We are off topic...
Omelette, that one you probably wouldn’t in a diner, because there are so many different ways a diner omelette can be made here, you never really know what you’re going to get. You’re rather at the mercy of the cook.

Scrambled, you’d just ask to have them “loose” or “wet.”

Ok, some of the stuff we came back with:

IMG_9128.jpeg

We needed neither more cheese nor sausages, but there they are, just the same. The Duke’s sauce…I can get only their mayonnaise around my house (AFAIK), so I wanted to try that sauce. The apples were straight from an Amish orchard, two varieties (Zester & Paula Red), about a dozen each.

IMG_9129.jpeg

MrsT wanted the banana split jam, I wanted the butterscotch peanut butter. The black cherry jellybeans are very sour.

IMG_9130.jpeg

MrsT bought me the spiral thingy, though I really don’t want it, but I’ll try it out. The brittle-brackle is like peanut brittle, but much more crumbly and less sticky, so it’s good for folks like me, with lots of crowns on my teeth.

IMG_9132.jpeg

That’s my little sampler pack of seasonings, and some other goodies, and MrsT’s favorite sandals in there, for some reason.

IMG_9135.jpeg

Snacky-snacks, and two bags of chips/crisps didn’t make it home.

But bruschetta us simply toasted bread with a tomato and olive oil and gatlic topping. What makes it bruschetta is the toasted bread.
It’s just duplicating some of the flavors of the tomato mixture that goes on top. Don’t overthink it - it’s not trying to capture every aspect of it.

IMG_9145.jpeg

All of those figure in upcoming avocado dishes, and that represents the largest amount of avocados I’ve ever purchased in a single trip.

IMG_9146.jpeg

If you’d ever told me there would come a day when I’d get through six heads of romaine in a week (for two people), I’d have highly doubted your sanity.

IMG_9147.jpeg

View attachment 117696
All of those figure in upcoming avocado dishes, and that represents the largest amount of avocados I’ve ever purchased in a single trip.

View attachment 117697
If you’d ever told me there would come a day when I’d get through six heads of romaine in a week (for two people), I’d have highly doubted your sanity.

View attachment 117698
that's how many avocados we buy every weekly shopping trip. For this challenge I reckon I'll need 4 or 5 each week at least.

Back
Top Bottom