What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2024)?

IMG_9171.jpeg

Blue cheese…the one dressing I won’t make.

IMG_9172.jpeg
IMG_9173.jpeg

🎶 Schnecken to the right of me, beer to left, here I am, stuck in the middle with dill, yeah I’m stuck in the middle with dill… 🎶

Oh, and MrsT is the lucky recipient of $6 supermarket roses:

IMG_9174.jpeg

Note the beer boot vase, used to recognize her German heritage, and to acknowledge the official start of the Oktoberfest season in SW Ohio tomorrow, with the opening of Germania’s event. We have so many, we have to get started a little early to fit them all in.

I bought some tomatillos but I've never made anything before using them. @medtran49 and @karadekoolaid, have any advice on what to do with them?
Make a salsa verde, buy some totopos (plain tortilla chips), then make some chilaquiles for breakfast. I'll post a simple salsa verde in a minute, but medtran49 posted a recipe for Chicken or pork green chile enchilada with a lovely sauce!

There! That was quick - because the recipe is simplicity itself.
Salsa Verde
Thanks! I knew salsa verde was the obvious option, just wasn't sure what to do with it (always have tortilla chips on hand by the way). I like the ideas of chilaquiles and enchiladas, though. I have only made a red sauce with enchiladas so this will be fun to try something new. And I have never made chilaquiles!

I have never made chilaquiles!
the day my son made it, we were in San Miguel de Allende, in a wonderful self catering hotel. totopos on the plate, fried eggs on top, salsa verde and sour cream, chilaquiles listos. Brilliant.
Then another day we went to Fisher's in Mexico City. This time I had the shrimp chilaquiles and a Michelada. Even better!

the day my son made it, we were in San Miguel de Allende, in a wonderful self catering hotel. totopos on the plate, fried eggs on top, salsa verde and sour cream, chilaquiles listos. Brilliant.
Then another day we went to Fisher's in Mexico City. This time I had the shrimp chilaquiles and a Michelada. Even better!
Sounds nice, details please? Whats a michelada? Chilaquiles listo?

Whats a michelada? Chilaquiles listo?
A michelada is a refreshing Mexican drink made with cold beer, lime juice, salt and hot chile . Sometimes tomato juice is added as well.
Chilaquiles are the dish I described above, and "listo" means ready - that's me forgetting which language I'm supposed to be speaking :eek::laugh:

Back
Top Bottom