What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2024)?

A michelada is a refreshing Mexican drink made with cold beer, lime juice, salt and hot chile . Sometimes tomato juice is added as well.
Chilaquiles are the dish I described above, and "listo" means ready - that's me forgetting which language I'm supposed to be speaking :eek::laugh:
That sounds like a fantastic BBQ drink?

I'm excited.
I wandered onto the Ooni website curious to see if their gluten free pizza dough was up to much and it looks like they put a lot of effort into perfecting it.
They are very specific about the flour used and I'd not heard of it but the reviews for it are stellar and peoples baking pics look fabulous.

1724684785978.png

One of the reasons I'm so excited about it is I had eaten bread made with deglutinised wheat and a pizza while in Milan and it was fantastic. The wheat meant it actually tasted like the real thing.
At the time I searched endlessly for deglutenised flour in the UK but had no luck.
Well this is it, wheat flour with the gluten removed. Is it Christmas? 😂
It has other ingredients as well as the deglutenised flour but I'm so thrilled to have found it!
It's a bit pricey but the deglutination process is complicated so I'm not sore about that, it will just make it more of a treat 👏
Apparently this Italian flour is precisely what is used in Italy. A country that is fantastic at gluten free food.
Asking for gluten free there is no harder than asking for a glass of water!
Rambling over. I'll report back later when I've used it.

A country that is fantastic at gluten free food.
Asking for gluten free there is no harder than asking for a glass of water!
How wonderful! I did not catch that development! Last time I was in Italy was, hm, in 2009? I was not gluten intolerant then...

Goodness me, there is an urgency for me to visit Italy😍

I am also looking forward to your report on the 'true tasting' flour😍😍

I buy those Chipotles in Adobe sauce as well. They have a nice kick! Have you tried them before? They are excellent as an ingredient in marinade.
I’m sure I have, but I wouldn’t know what…probably a stew of some sort.

Commute snacks and mint bonbons for the edu continuation. I will not be using chewing gum for some time, don't want any more cracking teeth stress🫣 (although I cracked this one on chicken wings, but just in case)...

How wonderful! I did not catch that development! Last time I was in Italy was, hm, in 2009? I was not gluten intolerant then...

Goodness me, there is an urgency for me to visit Italy😍

I am also looking forward to your report on the 'true tasting' flour😍😍
Just to be clear (because I wouldn't want you to be disappointed) you get the right flavour but it's still missing the gluten protein so the general elasticity issues you get with gluten free flour can still affect texture. However this does contain ingredients that stand in for the gluten and the reviews are good so we'll see!

As for Italy being good on the gluten free front, they really are. As their culture is heavily wheat based they take intolerance seriously and every child is tested for coeliacs disease before they start school at the same time they have their pre-school jabs.
So the awareness there is high. It's marvellous, you feel normal!

they take intolerance seriously and every child is tested for coeliacs disease before they start school at the same time they have their pre-school jabs.
So the awareness there is high. It's marvellous, you feel normal!
Impressive! That sounds next level truly.
It is marvelous indeed!
And coeliac/gluten sensitivity and intolerance is growing and ever more present, I feel. To see such a systematic approach is a role model.
Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom