What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2024)?

Hubby came home with more avocados. Apparently it was cheaper to buy 4 than 3, so I now have another 4, to add to the 3 he bought on Monday to add to the 2 he bought on Saturday. :o_o: 2 will get used at the weekend as always which just leaves 7 to deal with. Watch this space!

A vegan snack box arrived by post today.

Well 2 actually and a few bits. One is a vegan chocolate box and the other a vegan snack box but that's the same thing isn't it?

20240830_130124.jpg
20240830_130143.jpg
20240830_130227.jpg

IMG_9237.jpeg

Cakesters - MrsT’s contribution to the cart (and note, she still has whoopie pies in the freezer).

IMG_9238.jpeg

IMG_9239.jpeg

Cider season! Yay!

IMG_9240.jpeg

IMG_9241.jpeg

IMG_9242.jpeg

It’s the tail end of tomato season now - that’s just about all the local organic farmer dude had left. Until next year, my little love apples…

I went out shopping (mostly because I haven't been out for 2 weeks because of the car) and bought another avocado, some potatoes ( including some small Colombian potatoes to make some Dum Aloo ) and a huge 1kg loaf of crappy sandwich bread for the birds. ($2).

Food shopping today. Bought two fully smoked/cooked ready to heat rack of St. Louis BBQ ribs, ingredients for potato salad and macaroni salad, hot dog, ground beef, and fixings etc for tomorrow and the Labor Day holiday.

Last weekend we were in Costco and they had those Oreo Cakesters on the sample table ... they reminded me of the one and only time that I've ever had a Whoopy Pie.

I was poking around in Dollar Tree this afternoon and found this:
IMG_4417.JPG

I have a recipe I'm going to attempt that calls for a teaspoon of Frank's Hot Sauce.
I don't normally buy hot sauce, so for 5 quarters, this will do.

Back
Top Bottom