What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2024)?

Timenspace yes, those pies are quite spendy, but for a treat every so often ...
I must say, we cut into the Apple Pie this afternoon after lunch - it had mold in side - I'm talking about the green stuff - 🤢
I had to snatch it back from my husband before he dug in to it.
I immediately took the pie back and requested a refund to my credit card... they wanted to give me a replacement pie, which I politely declined 🤢

okay okay okay okay OKAY WAIT A MINUTE HERE!!!!!
Two weeks ago, I purchased that same, small Chicken Pot Pie - 6 inch - for $13.95 + tax + 2% fee for using my credit card - that was on September 1st to exact - and then here we are 2 weeks later, and they GOUGED me $19.95 + + + + for the same 6 inch pot pie :banghead:
SAY WHAT?!
I did try to justify the purchase as it was so very tasty, I figured, eh, that's okay I guess as a treat.
I was going through my older photos on my iPhone to delete them and found the receipt from 2 weeks ago ----- 🤬
I don't normally go through costs of food items, but ...
I'm the dumb bunny for not watching - buyer beware.
Stick a fork in me, I'm DONE!
I will never, I said EVER step foot on that farm again!

The starter motor on my car is playing up - again. I can drive to the local grocery store - about 2 miles away - and it'll start again. If I go long distance (10 miles) then the car won't start until it's cooled down; about 40 minutes.
This afternoon I drove the 10 miles to buy a couple of cigars and do some shopping. As I was just about to leave the supermarket, I remembered that the Piccalilli season starts soon, here in Caracas. Yes, it's when people start making Hallacas. A Venezuelan Xmas tradition. It's a sort of complicated tamale, to make it simple.
When the pork is marinated, many people add mustard pickle, and that's how the piccalilli comes into play.
I digress. I turned back into the supermarket and bought 1kg of onion, cauliflower, carrot and cucumber.
Piccalilli, here we come...

Back
Top Bottom