What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2024)?

New pasta:amaranth, teff and quinoa conchiglie.
No luck with vegan ghee, thete were 3 other options that did not sound right, so just the pasta for now.

View attachment 117196

If it’s lactose that’s causing you grief normal ghee is something that has an incredibly low lactose content.
As low as 0.05% (although that varies) so a lot of dairy avoiders will use ghee.
If it’s more of an allergic reaction than an intolerance then it’s a no no.

If it’s lactose
Trying lactose free cheese was not a good option for me, wasn't extreme, but not good. If it is the same with lf butter, I would need to suffer a bit. If I don't have to, I'd rather not.
Might just look in a few more places.

If all fails, coconut butter or lard are options I have at home.

Ghee simply has to be made from butter. I don't know whether there are any vegan options, but I would imagine they'd be a long way from ghee flavor.
Well yes, that is a given. I am used to deviate from flavour, colour, taste, texture, to sustain my diet. It's fine.

From what I read online, there are a number of combinations used for the vegan ghee: coconut, avocado, cashew...

It will take some more time, but some replacement will be found.
Or invented😊

Trying lactose free cheese was not a good option for me, wasn't extreme, but not good. If it is the same with lf butter, I would need to suffer a bit. If I don't have to, I'd rather not.
Might just look in a few more places.

If all fails, coconut butter or lard are options I have at home.

My lot can’t the majority of dairy including tolerate lactofree cheese either but they have no problems with ghee.

First up, the farmy place:

IMG_8978.jpeg

I’ve got plans for two of those tomatoes and the potatoes will be used tomorrow. A lot of those apples will end up in a cake.

That cabbage…I set it down, the girl rang it up, and I noticed it came up as lettuce, for $1.50 more than the cabbage.

Normally, I let that stuff slide, because I don’t like embarrassing people, but I did ask, “I’m sorry…did you happen to ring that up as lettuce?”
“Um, yeah.”
“It’s a cabbage, though, and they’re on special for $2.”
“Aren’t they the same thing?”

🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_8979.jpeg

That corn was still warm from the field, right off the wagon. Two will get eaten tomorrow and the other four will get blanched and frozen.

IMG_8980.jpeg
IMG_8981.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom