Whatcha drinking (2024)?

Peach simple syrup, old fashioned

20240709_150200.jpg
20240709_153727.jpg
20240709_155322.jpg

Vitamin water. In a cafe downtown. Using the bathroom as I have been out and about for almost 4 hours, and collecting myself to go home, after an unsuccessful advice seeking for my Dad.
20240712_120646.jpg

I've just poured this one:
Rauchbier urbock.jpg

Right down the sink. It's (or was) a bockbier, so I thought, well, slightly sweet, fairly mild, except...
It seems they smoked it at some stage, so I looked up "Urbock" on the web. "Ur" means original, in German, and "bock" means billy goat. It was definitely more goat than original, with a pronounced smoky flavour (something like mesquite) and a sickly sweet finish. I bought it because of the label, believe it or not.
So having completely screwed up on the first purchase, I tried the second:
Tynt Meadow Trappist beer.jpg

Well this is a Belgian beer brewed by monks in the UK, in north west Leicestershire.
OK - it was a classic dark Belgian beer but the flavour was sort of lacking. I couldn't determine whether it was a Delirium Tremens type, or a stout type and, to be honest, I wouldn't buy it again. It confirms my opinion regarding what fun monks have.
Nun.

I've just poured this one:
View attachment 115941
Right down the sink. It's (or was) a bockbier, so I thought, well, slightly sweet, fairly mild, except...
It seems they smoked it at some stage, so I looked up "Urbock" on the web. "Ur" means original, in German, and "bock" means billy goat. It was definitely more goat than original, with a pronounced smoky flavour (something like mesquite) and a sickly sweet finish. I bought it because of the label, believe it or not.
So having completely screwed up on the first purchase

The rauch in rauchbier is a bit of a give-away, as it means "smoke" :)

Homemade iced decaf soy milk latte, with 2 scoops of vegan nougat icecream. Cookies, store bought.

Plenty of water. And electrolytes dissolved in water.

20240714_163054.jpg

Back
Top Bottom