Plans for today (2023)

Yeah. You hope for it then you hope it stops.
It's really not affecting me much this weekend. We didn't have any social outings planned and I am just cleaning, packing for my trip, and prepping food so my sweetheart doesn't starve while I am gone.

I am a little bummed I am leaving because my poor DH just found out that one of his cousins died this morning and he's pretty broken up about it. I asked him if he wanted me to cancel my trip and he said no. I feel bad though because I really liked his cousin and am hugely fond of his sisters and I adored his late parents very much.

A Sunday trip to Lugano, Switzerland, only 40 mins driving from home.
Beautiful pics, thanks!

I remember being there on a group tour in 1993, and we had supper in a restaurant with a huge plate glass window that overlooked the lake.

With the group tour, couples were sort of rotated around, so that each night, we ate with different couples from the group, and that night, we enjoyed our meal with a lovely Taiwanese couple, on their honeymoon, who were fashion designers, and they sketched out little designs for us at the table - nothing special for them, but we thought it was brilliant!

My brother just text. He and his wife have just had their first baby!

He is the first and likely the only sibling to have a kid so I've just become an Aunty for the first time.
Congratulations! I have 14 nieces and nephews and several great-nieces and great-nephews, LOL. I became an aunt for the 1st time when I was just 7 years old. I think it's going to be much more fun for you at your age!

Wow that's a lot of little relatives!
Yeah, I am the youngest of 6 children, and one of my sisters has 5 of her own plus 3 she adopted. My oldest brother has 2 sons from his first marriage, 1 daughter with his current wife, plus he adopted his 2nd wife's daughter from her 1st marriage. My oldest sister has a daughter and my other sister has a son and a daughter. Oops, I have 15 nephews and nieces, not 14, hahahaha! It's a lot to keep up with. I don't get to spoil as much as I'd like because I would be broke!

Oh yes, and of course since I am 61 my oldest nephew is 54 (and 6'2"), so not so little! All my nephews and nieces are adults and most of them have children of their own. I would have to sit down with a pad and pencil to get a count on that.

Yeah, I am the youngest of 6 children, and one of my sisters has 5 of her own plus 3 she adopted. My oldest brother has 2 sons from his first marriage, 1 daughter with his current wife, plus he adopted his 2nd wife's daughter from her 1st marriage. My oldest sister has a daughter and my other sister has a son and a daughter. Oops, I have 15 nephews and nieces, not 14, hahahaha! It's a lot to keep up with. I don't get to spoil as much as I'd like because I would be broke!

Oh yes, and of course since I am 61 my oldest nephew is 54 (and 6'2"), so not so little! All my nephews and nieces are adults and most of them have children of their own. I would have to sit down with a pad and pencil to get a count on that.
WOW
That's a lot!
You must need a loan just to send them all birthday cards 😂

WOW
That's a lot!
You must need a loan just to send them all birthday cards 😂
They are all spread out over the country (New York, California, Texas, Connecticut, Florida, Arizona, South Carolina...), too, so keeping up with addresses isn't easy. Actually one of my nephews is currently living in Dubai with his wife and son. They were in Berlin for awhile. She is German and works for the embassy so they move around quite a bit. I admit, I am not a very good auntie as I often forget their birthdays and if they get a text or email they are pretty happy. It's hard just keeping up with my 5 siblings but I do manage to always remember their birthdays, even when they often forget mine. At 61 I really don't care if they remember I turned another year older, LOL.

Seriously you guys need to pay someone to do your yard. I have $50 under a pot plant outside for my lawn guy. Covers my next 2 mows. He may be here today.
School holidays here for 3 weeks. Wife does wages on a Monday so she will be home about 1pm . I'm her chauffeur this afternoon. God knows where we are going but it will include shopping. Grrr.
Did you detect I hate school holidays.
Grandkids will get a bonus, I always post them $10 note. So that to fo in next few days.

Russ

Watching all those superhero movies back-to-back, it became really easy to pick out the formula (opening fight scene, someone’s going to slide under something, someone’s going to run up a wall and do a back flip, someone’s going to jump off something and land on one knee with their fist on the ground and their head down… 🥱) - after the fourth or fifth one, I couldn’t take it any longer! :laugh:

Exactly what my wife would say as she shook her head in bewilderment and went upstairs. Lmao

Russ

Exactly what my wife would say as she shook her head in bewilderment and went upstairs. Lmao

Russ
It’s funny, because if you named any one of those movies, I couldn’t tell you the first thing what it was about, and if you showed me a scene from one, I couldn’t tell you what movie it came from, because they all overlap so much.

To this day, I don’t know what the story is for those movies, or any kind of theme, it’s all just, “These ones are the good ones, those’uns are the bad ones, and they’re gonna fight, then they’re gonna rest, then fight some more, then think about things, then fight one more time, and then the credits are gonna roll, and there’s gonna be four or five extra scenes that make no sense but are supposed to foretell something, but damned if I ever see them getting back around to it in any future movie.”

There, I just gave you all the MCU movies, Phase 1 through Phase Eleventeen. :laugh:

And I think I missed the message about movies having to last at least two hours and 45 minutes these days. How long was that last Avengers movie? 3+ hours? Seriously? Hire an editor or five, Disney! I’m old enough to remember all anyone ever needed was a tight 75 minutes to tell a story. These Avengers producers/writers/directors couldn’t make a TV commercial in that time.

Watching all those superhero movies back-to-back, it became really easy to pick out the formula (opening fight scene, someone’s going to slide under something, someone’s going to run up a wall and do a back flip, someone’s going to jump off something and land on one knee with their fist on the ground and their head down… 🥱) - after the fourth or fifth one, I couldn’t take it any longer! :laugh:

B-budget horror movies are soooo much harder to predict. Every time I have watched one, I've found myself saying, "Wow, I didn't see that coming!"

CD :D

B-budget horror movies are soooo much harder to predict. Every time I have watched one, I've found myself saying, "Wow, I didn't see that coming!"

CD :D
They have an excuse - they have no money, they’ve got to repeat stuff so they can reuse the cardboard sets and put the same actor in a different wig and call them a new character.

Avengers, Inc. spend more money per movie than some countries generate in a year, and they just recycle the same stuff, over and over (of course, we keep buying it, so who’re the dummies, us or them?). If you’re going to spend half a billion dollars making a movie, $250M of it needs to be something new and never seen before.

Now, the rest of my plans today (to stay on topic) include closing out the weekend watching an episode of Midsomer Murders, which is always fresh and exciting. It’s never predictable or formulaic. I hope this is one with snotty aristocrats, a bitter working-class tradesman who spends too much time in the pub, and a couple of unlikelies getting it on in the bushes. None of them are ever like that, no never. :laugh:

It was raining heavily on the way to the airport but it stopped when we reached the terminal. Security was a breeze. Stopped at the restroom., found a water bottle refill dispenser, and as I reached the gate, they started boarding. Seamless and pleasant. I have 2 stops but no plane change so basically just letting people off and others on.

I hear a screaming child but I'm near the front of the plane and they're many rows back, lol. Almost time to take-off so I'm going on airplane mode now...

Back
Top Bottom