Plans for today (2023)

Well…I’d planned to go to ALDI after eating lunch, but I’m pinned down at the local McD’s while a torrential storm blows through. My weather app says another 14 minutes to go, and considering I can’t even see my car right outside, the rain is so heavy, I suppose I’m going to wait and see if that prediction is true.

Besides that, it’s National Fried Chicken Day here in the US. Do with that what you will. 🐓 🍗
I had no idea. I'm guessing the Houston area has some great fried chicken joints (no chains for me).

I too planned on going to Aldi after lunch and there are scattered storms here. It just finished raining. Not torrential thankfully.

I jinxed myself. I went to Ross (discount retail clothing and accessories) and found a cute skirt, pulled into Kohl's (departnent store) parking lot and the heavens opened up. Aldi was to be my 3rd stop. Maybe later.

Only 93F/34C right now, 3:40 PM. I'd love to see another pop-up rainstorm this evening. Next week, we go back over 100F/38C again.

No big plans today. Just stay cool and don't spend any money. :laugh: I have had a relatively new customer who owes me thousands of dollars. I'm cutting him off, so I doubt he will ever pay me.

CD

Wifes home today, its planned so we are going for a drive in the country with lunch somewhere along the line. Shes shouting as she had a win the other day.

Russ

Plans mostly completed. Went to H-E-B for a grocery run. I go there for my bigger shopping trips. For one or two things, I go to Kroger or Walmart, because they are very close to home... and Kroger is almost always nearly empty since H-E-B opened.

I need to do some house cleaning. Need to and want to are arguing that out in my head.

CD

Saturday here so bacon n eggs for wife and hot choc.
Me earl
I'm doing a list of stuff we need. Carrots garlic minced. Onions and bread.
Making a shepherds pie later.
Dafyd just dropped 2 dozen oysters he won in a raffle. They are frozen so I'll cook at some stage for us all. Entree sorted.
Prolly 2 weeks time??

Russ

Well, I was hoping to have a light day today, considering it’s Friday and I already know I have to work this weekend and next weekend.

However, logging in this morning, I saw not one, but two same-day meetings set up, and both of these meetings will likely have last-minute things I need to do - one of the meetings isn’t until 4PM, which most days, I’m already winding down for the day, and on Fridays where I know I’m working the weekend, I’m definitely more or less checked out by then.

I didn’t even mention what I think of same-day meetings - short of a real emergency, that’s just poor planning on the organizer’s part, and all it does is upends everyone else’s day, because now we have to drop everything else to prep for these (non-critical) meetings.

Grrrr!

Power-washing the back deck on my lunch break:

IMG_5069.jpeg

You can come up to Akron when you're done and bring the power washer. I'm not there, but you and Mr. OH can drink beer out there when you are finished cleaning our deck.
I actually like doing that…on a day like today, where there’s no wind at all and it’s hot out. I need to get around to spraying the whole house.

My normal Saturday is spent running around, killing time in the shops, while MrsT calls her best friend and chats for four hours, but today, my brother was kind enough to deliver two items from my parents’ soon-to-be-sold condo - a grandfather clock that was my grandparents’ and a space heater.

I wanted to give them something for coming over 75 minutes to do that (in the pouring rain, too), so I soaked some beans last night and got up early to make some baked beans. I gave him half, and we’ll eat the rest tonight, probably over some boiled potatoes.

I used this recipe:

View: https://youtu.be/eoNTUXoQtsU

Now I’m sitting at Pizza Hut, waiting on a pizza, which I’ll eat in the car and then walk across the parking lot and have a beer after. I’ve also bought some bath towels at Target and some coffee from the gourmet shop.

Back
Top Bottom