Plans for today (2023)

I’m sitting in A&E looking at my pasty son on a gurney after a dose of adrenaline and IV steroids.
Looks like it’s done the trick 👍
Thank goodness for A&E!

His heart rate kept dropping and went down to 36bpm when he lost consciousness but all looking much better now so just observations til midnight and then home for a VERY large whisky!! Me that is not him 😂

I’m sitting in A&E looking at my pasty son on a gurney after a dose of adrenaline and IV steroids.
Thank goodness for A&E!

His heart rate kept dropping and went down to 36bpm when he lost consciousness but all looking much better now so just observations til midnight and then home for a VERY large whisky!! Me that is not him 😂

Hoping for a good outcome.

Russ

Sunday here, usually busy with family dinner but I'm still having ear/balance problems so I canceled it yesterday.
Wifes kinda helping with food . Well toast and takeaways. Betting on horses today so that will keep me busy. Sleeping and showering downstairs atm. Docs Wednesday, earliest I could get.
This is frustrating as I never get sick.

Russ

Thank goodness for A&E!

Any idea what happened to cause that? Hoping he’s feeling better soon.

Sunday here, usually busy with family dinner but I'm still having ear/balance problems so I canceled it yesterday.
Wifes kinda helping with food . Well toast and takeaways. Betting on horses today so that will keep me busy. Sleeping and showering downstairs atm. Docs Wednesday, earliest I could get.
This is frustrating as I never get sick.

Russ

Sounds like Vertigo. Not really an illness. Just an inner ear out of whack kind of thing. There are some simple and easy exercises you can do at home that work for me, when I get it. Do a search on YouTube for "vertigo exercises." The commandant can actually help you, too.

CD

Any idea what happened to cause that? Hoping he’s feeling better soon.
Have been through everything and can’t pinpoint a thing.

Unfortunately it’s still not under control and we have a night in a brightly lit beeping A&E room.

Sleeping in a chair my favourite!

Sounds like Vertigo. Not really an illness. Just an inner ear out of whack kind of thing. There are some simple and easy exercises you can do at home that work for me, when I get it. Do a search on YouTube for "vertigo exercises." The commandant can actually help you, too.

CD

Been down that road. Happened 25 years ago. Doc thought at the time it was menieres disease?
Went away after few days.
I got it back this time last year for a few days, then back to normal. Had ears cleared professionally 10 days ago.
Got docs Wednesday but I e mail them to get urgent???
I look up what you said.
Thanks cd.

Russ

CD

I remember doing thise exercises 25 years ago. Came back to me. I just txt a friend to see if head massage could work. According to giggle it does!!

Russ

Been down that road. Happened 25 years ago. Doc thought at the time it was menieres disease?
I got it back this time last year for a few days, then back to normal. Had ears cleared professionally 10 days ago.
I look up what you said.
Thanks cd.

Russ
I get vertigo every so often. Mine is related to my eustachian tube dysfunction, as is my tinnitus. My vertigo clears up but my tinnitus likely never will.
Vertigo due to Eustachian Tube Dysfunction.

Last edited:
Have been through everything and can’t pinpoint a thing.

Unfortunately it’s still not under control and we have a night in a brightly lit beeping A&E room.

Sleeping in a chair my favourite!

I had to look up A&E. Accident and Emergency. A&E here is Arts and Entertainment -- clearly something much different. :eek:

Sounds like he is in what we call an ICU (intensive care unit) room. It's hard to sleep there, without some strong pharmaceuticals. Been there, done that, so I feel bad for both of you.

CD

I look up what you said.
Thanks cd.

Russ

I get vertigo at random times. For me, it happens when I'm laying in bed, and roll from one side to the other, so it's no big deal. My mom has it much worse. Our sense of balance comes from the semi-circular canals in our inner ears. There are non-invasive ways to treat vertigo, but it isn't permanent. Eventually, it can come back. But, at least the treatment doesn't require painful procedures.

CD

I had to look up A&E. Accident and Emergency. A&E here is Arts and Entertainment -- clearly something much different. :eek:

Sounds like he is in what we call an ICU (intensive care unit) room. It's hard to sleep there, without some strong pharmaceuticals. Been there, done that, so I feel bad for both of you.

CD
Could be, hard to know what the equivalents are. ER is your A&E.
Here it’s not quite an ICU room (where you would have one to one care) it’s more a staggered ER.

In the UK the emergencies are split into minor and major.
Major has individual rooms decked out with all the ‘ready to go’ equipment you need in serious situations.
With the room door open they are usually all within the direct line of sight of a central station. It’s an in-between step where the patients tend to be stabilised before being transferred to the appropriate setting.

The minor side will have curtained cubicles with shared equipment and fewer staff who float around the bay fixing things before discharge.

All good this morning though 👍

We have been moved to a normal ward which is good in some ways but getting discharged from a normal ward in the UK on a Sunday is not easy.

My son maybe experiencing the delights of a hospital Sunday lunch, I don’t think he’s aware such horrors exist 😂

Could be, hard to know what the equivalents are. ER is your A&E.
Here it’s not quite an ICU room (where you would have one to one care) it’s more a staggered ER.

In the UK the emergencies are split into minor and major.
Major has individual rooms decked out with all the ‘ready to go’ equipment you need in serious situations.
With the room door open they are usually all within the direct line of sight of a central station. It’s an in-between step where the patients tend to be stabilised before being transferred to the appropriate setting.

The minor side will have curtained cubicles with shared equipment and fewer staff who float around the bay fixing things before discharge.

All good this morning though 👍

We have been moved to a normal ward which is good in some ways but getting discharged from a normal ward in the UK on a Sunday is not easy.

My son maybe experiencing the delights of a hospital Sunday lunch, I don’t think he’s aware such horrors exist 😂

Poor lad. Is this an allergic reaction to something that your son has eaten/come in contact with do you think?

Back
Top Bottom